ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

It's urgent (Seems Documents Lost)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmanghani

It's urgent (Seems Documents Lost)

Post by salmanghani » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:50 am

well

i m seriusly worried now as my documents with approal letter has been sent back to me on my Pakistan address on 25th of March, which also include my educational orignal documents. but even now on 18th i couldn't recieve my documents. they are coming through the air mail. which is an ordinary mail service which have no refernce number or tracking option.

now it seems that i lost my documents somewhere. i just want to know that is there any other victim of such situation and wht could be done in such case ?

i want to apply for EC as early as possible but now it seems that my hopes has been gone, i m very much disappointed right now.

help required from others in this matter. how can i proceed.
Salman Ghani

Zarinjamal
Newly Registered

Re: It's urgent (Seems Documents Lost)

Post by Zarinjamal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:53 am

salmanghani wrote:well

i m seriusly worried now as my documents with approal letter has been sent back to me on my Pakistan address on 25th of March, which also include my educational orignal documents. but even now on 18th i couldn't recieve my documents. they are coming through the air mail. which is an ordinary mail service which have no refernce number or tracking option.

now it seems that i lost my documents somewhere. i just want to know that is there any other victim of such situation and wht could be done in such case ?

i want to apply for EC as early as possible but now it seems that my hopes has been gone, i m very much disappointed right now.

help required from others in this matter. how can i proceed.
The better way is to check with the local postman or you can also check with the postmaster of your local post office. That will surely be helpful. My experience says that airmail from UK is usually delivered withing 3-4 days. It never gets too long.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 am

i tried contacted them and they asked me for a Reference number,
now as per my inquery from Home Office they are saying thta there is no reference number as it is an ordinary mail.

right now feeling myself in deep sea with no hopes to come out :cry:
Salman Ghani

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:57 pm

i couldn't recieve my documents yet

i think its more than enough, now i m planning to Sue Home Office ?
is there anyone else who have any idea bout such case ?

plz plz help seniors i 'm in real trouble i lost all my orignal documents .....
Salman Ghani

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 pm

What exactly are you going to sue the Home Office for? They didn't lose your documents.
________
Tx750
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 am

Dear salmanghani,

i am sorry to hear about your loss. i know how terrible it feels as the same thing happened to me i.e. i lost my all original documents and the approval letter.

you will have to wait for 12 weeks before home office will issue a reprint of your approval letter (this is their rule and no matter what you say they will not issue it before this time has lapsed) i came to know this after many phone calls and emails

what i did was i instantly reported it to police. do mention all the documents lost in the police report. in the mean time you should try to get duplicates of the documents you lost as you will be needing those for EC.

even though its was a big mess but i applied for the EC and got it on the "duplicate approval letter" in the end

so there is no point in sueing home office even though its their fault because this airmail is crap

one more thing, when your duplicate approval letter is ready for collection do arrange MBE courier, otherwise you may again suffer

majic

Post by majic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Salman,

I am for Karachi and my documents took 17 Days to arrive. My decision was made in Feburary. So wait a little and dont worry.

Regards

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:27 pm

thx a lot to all of you for your support. i will arrange duplicates for all my educational documents and what about tax returns and salary slips and other income proof documents.

shd i manage to get all of them again ?
Salman Ghani

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:21 pm

yes you should get hold of salary slips, as these are needed for EC which should not be a big trouble as employer will issue you salary slips again (my employer did it with minimum of fuss). i didn't submitted tax return with my EC application

hope it helps

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 am

thx a lot for ur co-operation. i will try to get all the duplicates before 12 weeks time. but this Air mail is Crap.

its a request to all to arrange courier.

plz plz
Salman Ghani

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Tue May 06, 2008 9:28 am

i have not recieved my docs yet.....

pretty sad thing happening to me. it's about 42 days for my documents to way back to me and still i m waiting for them.

plz plz don't trust on this crap Air Mail. use Courier to collect your documents. otherwise u may be the one like me.
Salman Ghani