ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa taken over 3 months with response.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa taken over 3 months with response.

Post by Khashif_Khan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I submitted my spouse visa application on the 26/01/2018 and its not been over 3 months and they haven't given us a answer yet. They have rang me a few weeks ago and I did a interview and ring work a few days after but they wouldn't do a full interview due to Data protection reasons and just gave a reference. My question is how do I best chase them for a update. I've heard emailing them does take weeks for a response. I'm honestly feeling mentally drained and depressed with this, doesn't help that our 6 months anniversary is next week.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa taken over 3 months with response.

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

You can try asking your MP to contact the Home Office on your behalf. This sometimes gets the application moving.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khashif_Khan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Left a voicemail and also sent him a mail, what are the chances they will do anything. Also is there anything else i can do?

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khashif_Khan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Not sure if this is true but i read online that the 12 weeks they advise and only working day and do not include public holidays or weekends, is that true?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Khashif_Khan wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm
Not sure if this is true but i read online that the 12 weeks they advise and only working day and do not include public holidays or weekends, is that true?
Correct.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm
You can try asking your MP to contact the Home Office on your behalf. This sometimes gets the application moving.
(Casa, not CR001)

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khashif_Khan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm
Khashif_Khan wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm
Correct.
My other half is having a hard time beleving this, is still writin someone official that i can show her.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:32 am

Yes - confirm to her that the word coming officially from your mouth is correct. You are the sponsor she needs to trust and believe you as you are the one spending £100's getting her here.

It even mentions on UKVI website that it is "working days". If you applied online on 26 January you may not have even reached 60 working days after Bio-metrics yet. Tt is counted from bio-metrics date.

Notice that 60 working days is what they aim, some cases are decided quicker than others.

Tell her to check here if she doesn't believe you: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease