ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension approved after 16 months!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Tier1 extension approved after 16 months!!

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:04 pm

*Please merge my previous posts if required*

Update on my case:

Extension granted after exact 16 months!
200k category, did NOT use any solicitor for any of my applications

By the Grace of Allah & all the prayers especially my parent’s prayers, I have received my visa extension after 16 long stressful months. Many thanks to senior members especially zimba88, marcnath & CR001 and all other members who responded me in any way.

A little “hope” for others who are waiting and have a similar situation, however every case is different so please do NOT apply this on you, follow the official guidelines.

1. My company is registered at home address
2. My business is in loss ALL three years.
3. I did take minimum salary from my business account (I did not need it to survive I just thought it will show me employed). I deposited exact £200k in my business account.
4. I had no office
5. I changed my business nature after initial visa granted.
6. Business activity was low at the time of interview.
7. No employees present.
8. Interview at my home.
9. My initial visa in 2014 was granted within 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks) without any interview and extension took 16 months with interview.

On the contrary, I have a strong business background back home for the last 50 years(still running till date, my father manages it) (although i did NOT do the same business in UK but initial visa was granted through that) & I have 27 years of immigration history in UK (since I was 4 years old) and around 15 other countries including USA, Canada etc (US & Canada tourist visas were valid when i applied). I travelled at least 4 times every year to my home country in the last 8 years in UK. My funds and business is genuine.

Note: (The events are not in order)

Applied: Dec 2016 (Yes 2016!)
Biometric & Complex letter issued January 2017
Interview Sep 2017
partial IHS refund Feb 2018

Mp contact #1: August 2017
Mp contact #2: January 2018
Mp contact #3: April 2018 (no reply for April)

Complaints made to HO: October 2017 & March 2018 (no reply for march 2018)
Public enquiries complaint: February 2018 (no reply)

Pre-action protocol sent Feb 2018. (did not take any further action after reply though)

1st: Voluntarily sent additional documents showing recent business activity, receipts, clients information (name, address, telephone & ID) & letter to expedite case & offered to send any additional document if required: November 2017

2nd: Voluntarily sent additional documents showing recent business activity, receipts, clients information (name, address, telephone & ID) & letter to expedite case & offered to send any additional document if required: March 2018

3rd: Sent daughter’s British Passport copy (sent same day as i received her British passport) along a letter explaining how the long delay has affected me professionally and personally & offered to send any additional documents if required: 23 April 2018

Unusual but good gesture: Courtesy call from home office (case worker-no caller ID) that visa is granted (yes he told me that on the phone) and dispatched and apologised for the long delay on 26th April 2018. He said he thought to call as a courtesy because its been so long for me.

Documents, passports, and decision letter received 28/4/18, BRP awaiting. (HO used the same self-addressed special delievery envelope i provided)

In my experience I do not think making any complaints, contacting MP or pre action protocol helped for me. However, I will advise any one who is waiting for very long to send additional documents voluntarily showing recent business activity (highlighting your positives so it can favour the genuineness test).

I am due ILR in Dec 2018. I will work on it now.

Any questions feel free to ask. I have been through it and I know how desperate someone can be for answers in this situation.

Good luck all!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier1 extension approved after 16 months!!

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Also, all the additional documents I sent voluntarily are sent back to me by HO along with all the other documents submitted at the time of application. That is a proof any documents sent during the application is in process is considered by the caseworker.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Congratulations @tier11417!
Such long wait is bizarre. HO needs to think about this.

A question for you:
What's the nature of your business?
-- Kaps84

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:40 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:00 pm
Congratulations @tier11417!
Such long wait is bizarre. HO needs to think about this.

A question for you:
What's the nature of your business?
Thank you kaps84
I have a car dealership. I am involved in buying and selling of prestige motor vehicles. Vehicles in the range of £20,000-£30,000 each. Also I provide a service of buying and selling vehicles for client’s apart from my own forecourt.