ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Visa refused (April 2018 slot)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bobby Y
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Tier 2 Visa refused (April 2018 slot)

Post by Bobby Y » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am

Hi,

My employer had applied the tier 2 visa on behalf of me in the April 2018 slot. And, it got refused due to as it requires 10 more points to get approval. I have remarks or reasons for disapproval is, may be lower salary which is less than 50K GBP. Mine of around 44K GBP per annum.

They had mentioned that general visa quota was oversubscribed. I have information that from last four months visas limit is getting exceeded.

I will apply in the may month as well, Is there any chances to get approved.

Please share your ideas!

Thanks
Bobby

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: UK Tier 2 Visa refused (April 2018 slot)

Post by canadarox » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:32 pm

No.

You'll just have to wait and wait and wait until Home Office decides unless you get paid more money.

Bobby Y
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bobby Y » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:38 am

Thanks for your reply!

Bobby Y
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bobby Y » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:11 am

canadarox wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:32 pm
No.

You'll just have to wait and wait and wait until Home Office decides unless you get paid more money.
Thanks for your reply!
What would be salary threshold to approve visa.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:11 am

Bobby Y wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am
Hi,

My employer had applied the tier 2 visa on behalf of me in the April 2018 slot. And, it got refused due to as it requires 10 more points to get approval. I have remarks or reasons for disapproval is, may be lower salary which is less than 50K GBP. Mine of around 44K GBP per annum.

They had mentioned that general visa quota was oversubscribed. I have information that from last four months visas limit is getting exceeded.

Please share your ideas!

Thanks
Bobby

Bobby
I think you are confused with applying for RCoS and for VISA. These 2 are seperate. I presume you are trying to gain Tier 2 General

RCoS is what required first and in the recent 4 months - yes it is only awarded for people who gained 46 points or above (i.e. people with 50K and above salary - 30 points and RLMT 20 totals 50 points)

Now after you secured RCoS, you have to apply for VISA where requirement is 50 points (30 can be given for RLMT and 20 for appropriate salary - this is as per your job code salary must match....i guess 44K is more than enough for most of the job codes)

Now please change the title of the post as it is misleading :)

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:12 am

Bobby Y wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am
Hi,

Please share your ideas!

Thanks
Bobby

Bobby
I think you are confused with applying for RCoS and for VISA. These 2 are seperate. I presume you are trying to gain Tier 2 General

RCoS is what required first and in the recent 4 months - yes it is only awarded for people who gained 46 points or above (i.e. people with 50K and above salary - 30 points and RLMT 20 totals 50 points)

Now after you secured RCoS, you have to apply for VISA where requirement is 50 points (30 can be given for RLMT and 20 for appropriate salary - this is as per your job code salary must match....i guess 44K is more than enough for most of the job codes)

Now please change the title of the post as it is misleading :)

Bobby Y
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Bobby Y » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:12 am

Yeah may be... Thanks for giving me clarity on this.