ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLR for 6years need help to apply ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luqi2020
South Africa

Re: DLR for 6years need help to apply ILR

Post by luqi2020 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Yes bro you are right it’s informative link.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm

They have updated this policy it has happend me in past when i applied extention my solicitor said flro i said DL form at the end i go with lawyer choice and after 3 month received letter that within 10 days complete DL n send otherwise application become invalid

This thing come in my mind just now so i google specified form and find the link

In 2014 specified link was in different format
But i remeber about these 10 day

Read full link its informative
MKHARI

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Dear makhari,

Thanks for reply. Its still very confused situation. In your case they allowed you to apply again using the correct form without liosing your application fee. But recently they rejected the application because of using the incorrect form.

Now where do we stand???

What shall i do?

You also qualify to apply for ILR now have you booked ur appointment?

What will you advice me?

luqi2020
South Africa

Post by luqi2020 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

ambeey wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Dear makhari,

Thanks for reply. Its still very confused situation. In your case they allowed you to apply again using the correct form without liosing your application fee. But recently they rejected the application because of using the incorrect form.

Now where do we stand???

What shall i do?

What will you advice me?
who is recently rejected ??

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm

ambeey wrote:
Dear makhari,

Now where do we stand???

What shall i do?

What will you advice me?
So far onething i m clear that i will apply as soon as 6 years will complete
Only need to choose flrdl postal or set o same day
2 silicitor left i hope inshaa Allah will decide in next 2 weeks

Now i m more convinced that we could take chance in premium
In seto if we read other category
It prove that you can apply if anyother form is not suitable for the purpose

So in set o according to other category we can apply ilr because flrdl not fullfill sameday service
MKHARI

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 am

mkhari wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm
ambeey wrote:
Dear makhari,

Now where do we stand???

What shall i do?

What will you advice me?

So in set o according to other category we can apply ilr because flrdl not fullfill sameday service
I can only reiterate this again, if your case is straight forward, regardless of what application form category you use and if the PSC is applicable to that application form then you should go for it.

Otherwise, a complicated case will just be deferred for more time buy the case worker thus making your PSC appointment pointless.

Then Again my understanding is those granted DL normally are granted outside of the immigration rules and at the discretion of the UKVI(home office).
I think depending on the case worker you get, it may in their view, be ok or not. I still think the correct form should be used according to the circumstances as then probability of chance and risk is reduced in having an application refused or returned invalid because of a wrong application form submitted.

This is my opinion.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:21 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 am
mkhari wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm
ambeey wrote:
Dear makhari,

Now where do we stand???

What shall i do?

What will you advice me?

I can only reiterate this again, if your case is straight forward, regardless of what application form category you use and if the PSC is applicable to that application form then you should go for it.

Otherwise, a complicated case will just be deferred for more time buy the case worker thus making your PSC appointment pointless.

Then Again my understanding is those granted DL normally are granted outside of the immigration rules and at the discretion of the UKVI(home office).
I think depending on the case worker you get, it may in their view, be ok or not. I still think the correct form should be used according to the circumstances as then probability of chance and risk is reduced in having an application refused or returned invalid because of a wrong application form submitted.

This is my opinion.
Thanks you are right
We have very few result so far according to forum
2 people africangirl and another person granted ilr on set o when they suppose to use
Flrdl
And one person refused with all fees lost

So quite difficult to decide
Premium service good thing is same day decision rather than 8 to 9 month
MKHARI

ambeey
United Kingdom

ILR for child 7 years old

Post by ambeey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi,

I was on Discretionary leave alongwith my two kids. Daughter 21 years old and son 7 years old which is expiring on 1st May 2018. The DL was granted in 2011 and had 6 years completed in December 2017.

I applied for ILR postal application using FLR(DL) for my daughter and myself, assuming that I will get the ILR before the expiry of my son's DL (1st May 2018). The fee was very high so thought that I will apply for my son's British Citizenship instead of applying for ILR.

I didnt get any response for my postal application yet. Do i need to make separate application for my son's ILR or shall i leave it and wait for my ILR and apply for his naturalisation once i receive my ILR.

If his DL visa expires and i apply for his naturalisation later on after expiry of his DL visa...... will that be ok?

or please advice me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

Was son born in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rasoolkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by rasoolkhan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 pm

hi
I m also the same situation I have a wife and three kids all children born in the UK but my older son 13 years old so I already get a British passport(t form), my second dl expert 2019 march but my 6 years dl compleat June 2018 so I'm going to apply for premium service (one day service) may 2018 my self and my wife if we get the ilr in one day I can register naturalisation for my other two children's( 5 and 6 years old) my few friends use set (o) form for premium service all of the grand ilr with in 4 or 5 hours but all of them individual( no family)

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:34 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am
Was son born in the UK?
Sorry for late reply.
Yes son was born in Uk in 2011.

He was granted DL along with me in 2011 till 2014. Then applied extension which was approved in 2015 and valid till May 2018.

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am
Was son born in the UK?
Sorry for late reply.
Yes son was born in Uk in 2011.

He was granted DL along with me in 2011 till 2014. Then applied extension which was approved in 2015 and valid till May 2018.

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Senior members please advice.

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Dear Vinny,

Please advice regards to my son, he was born in UK. I am really worried about him. His DL is going to expire in May.

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by ambeey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,

I was on Discretionary leave alongwith my two kids. Daughter 21 years old and son 7 years old which is expiring on 1st May 2018. The DL was granted in 2011 and had 6 years completed in December 2017.

I applied for ILR postal application using FLR(DL) for my daughter and myself, assuming that I will get the ILR before the expiry of my son's DL (1st May 2018). The fee was very high so thought that I will apply for my son's British Citizenship instead of applying for ILR.

I didnt get any response for my postal application yet. Do i need to make separate application for my son's ILR or shall i leave it and wait for my ILR and apply for his naturalisation once i receive my ILR.

If his DL visa expires and i apply for his naturalisation later on after expiry of his DL visa...... will that be ok?

or please advice me.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:35 pm

ambeey wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm
Post by ambeey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,

or please advice me.
I may have missed this but was your son born in the UK and has he travelled outside the UK at any point?
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes he was born in UK and never travelled outside UK

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 pm

My understanding is, once you have attained ILR you may apply for BC for your son as he was born in the UK and if he has not travelled outside the UK. I understand that his leave to remain has now expired but this overstay may be ignored/disregarded once an application of BC is submitted once you have attained ILR.

again would like further clarification on this.

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Wed May 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi
Thanks for reply. After getting ILR as per my understanding I need to register him for naturalization and then apply for BC? Or can we apply for BC ? If so... which form do I need to use to apply BC.

Yes his DL is expired now and I am still waiting for my OLD

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 am

ambeey wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:42 pm
Hi
Thanks for reply. After getting ILR as per my understanding I need to register him for naturalization and then apply for BC? Or can we apply for BC ? If so... which form do I need to use to apply BC.

Yes his DL is expired now and I am still waiting for my OLD
As per my understanding is, naturalisation is thr process of becoming a British citizen.

Read here for a better understanding