ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) ILR Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Supporting documents timeline

Post by Neriah » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Please I have two (2) questions to ask.

1.) Please for a timeline for Tier 2 (Gen) where an application was made 20th Jan, 2012 (this was a transition from PSW )but was refused and appeal made but on the day of court UKBA withdrew the application and granted tier 2 (Gen) on June 24th 2013 (1year plus after the initial application) and something similar happened again between 2014 and 2016.but in that situation the appeal was won by us and Tier 2 Gen was extended and granted till June 24 2019.

Questions.

A) Please what date exactly can I apply for ILR ?

B) If ILR is due June 2018 (Not entirely sure) and I want to apply within 28days before, so say I apply 2nd June 2018 when can my supporting documents be dated by the latest ? as I would be applying very early into the 28day period. So I guess my question is must my supporting documents be within the 28day period as well or I can ask HR for employment and abscence letters like 2weeks before 2nd June even though thieves letters would be dated before the qualifying 28days. Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Supporting documents timeline

Post by Neriah » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Neriah wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 pm
Hi Everyone,

1.) Please for a timeline for Tier 2 (Gen) where an application was made 20th Jan, 2012 (this was a transition from PSW )but was refused and appeal made but on the day of court UKBA withdrew the application and granted tier 2 (Gen) on June 24th 2013 (1year plus after the initial application) and something similar happened again between 2014 and 2016.but in that situation the appeal was won by us and Tier 2 Gen was extended and granted till June 24 2019.

Questions.

B) If ILR is due June 2018 (Not entirely sure) and I want to apply within 28days before, so say I apply 2nd June 2018 when can my supporting documents be dated by the latest ? as I would be applying very early into the 28day period. So I guess my question is must my supporting documents be within the 28day period as well or I can ask HR for employment and abscence letters like 2weeks before 2nd June even though thieves letters would be dated before the qualifying 28days. Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Neriah » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Please Senior members I would really appreciate a response.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:09 am

Neriah wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 pm
Hi Everyone,

Questions.

Anytime from 28 days before 24th June 2018 if you want the early application or after 24th June before your current visa expires in 2019

You can get your documents ready in advance. Just make sure that the letters are issued/dated as close as possible to your application date. I don't think there is an issue having the letter dated before the qualifying period.
Thanks for your reply.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Neriah » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks Djsuccess. I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Set(O) ILR Questions

Post by Neriah » Thu May 17, 2018 12:07 am

Please I have a question on the ILR (Set O) form I'm a bit unsure about, and it goes as follows;

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

So therefore my question is, are they asking for the first time we entered the UK which as a postgraduate student in (Sept 2008) or the first PSW granted which was (January 2010) or Date the first Tier 2 was finally granted which was (24/6/2013)?

N.B. A bit of history, went from PSW to Tier 2 ( though it wasn't so straightforward due to refusals and appeals, but we got it in the end. Date first Tier 2 granted was 24/6/2013

Thank you.

ItsRainingAgain
Pakistan

Re: Lots of ILR Questions

Post by ItsRainingAgain » Thu May 17, 2018 2:17 am

Why hacking someone's else post ? You can make your own post right ?

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Neriah » Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am

It is my understanding that you should not create a topic that is similar to one that is already on here and this is why I posted on this post, but if I am wrong I am happy to post as a separate or new post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

Neriah wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am
It is my understanding that you should not create a topic that is similar to one that is already on here and this is why I posted on this post, but if I am wrong I am happy to post as a separate or new post.
Your understanding is wrong. See point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)

I have split your post to its own topic and also merged your previous topic. See Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Neriah
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Set(O) ILR Questions

Post by Neriah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks everyone, Guru's , moderators for all the responses ILR granted. See you in the citizenship section of the site.

God bless.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Set(O) ILR Questions

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:56 am

Neriah wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:07 am
Please I have a question on the ILR (Set O) form I'm a bit unsure about, and it goes as follows;

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

So therefore my question is, are they asking for the first time we entered the UK which as a postgraduate student in (Sept 2008) or the first PSW granted which was (January 2010) or Date the first Tier 2 was finally granted which was (24/6/2013)?

N.B. A bit of history, went from PSW to Tier 2 ( though it wasn't so straightforward due to refusals and appeals, but we got it in the end. Date first Tier 2 granted was 24/6/2013

Thank you.
The question is referring to the start date of your Tier 2 visa. In this case, 24/6/2013 since your application for ILR is based on 5 yrs Tier 2 route
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.