ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Giving Notice at a Designated Register Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndrewD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Giving Notice at a Designated Register Office

Post by AndrewD » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am

I am marrying a woman from India in the UK this year. I was reading about having to give notice at a Designated Register Office. I have some questions which I hope someone on here can help me with.

When I read the information on what you need to provide to give notice, the website of my nearest Designated Register Office (Liverpool) says that if you were born in 1983 or later you need to provide evidence of your parents’ nationalities. Does this apply to foreign nationals like my fiancée, or is it only for those who are proving they are UK nationals? Also, what kind of evidence is required to prove parents’ nationalities?

Finally, can I register at any Designated Register Office, or does it have to be within the same county? Although Liverpool is my nearest office, I live in Lancashire. Do I have to go to Blackburn instead?