ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz share the best way of arranging Courier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:26 am

Guys,

Can anybody give me yes or no answer on following question.My application is still under processing for HSMP.

Once a decision is made, then case worker will notify me through email that I can arrange courier to pickup documents (I requested it) possibly pickup location would be Shef?

Here is question.

My friend is in London, can he arrange a pickup from DHL or Fedex OFFICE in london to pickup document from Shefi to New Zealand by paying courier fee locally at London office?

Any ideas or experience?

Thanks in advance
Kaff

nsm2010

Fiend and Courier combination

Post by nsm2010 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 am

Seniors please reply

Is it possible that application send through courier and friend could pick up the result and send it back to us. I am not sure about friend could pick the results and original documents. may be authorization letter could be added along with application.

nsm2010

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:47 pm

I too had the same problem of finding out the best way of arranging a courier. I am surprised that the forum does not have any posting regarding this information even after almost 2 years since the this particular topic was posted.
No offence meant but I feel it is better to put it this information here since there could be someone struggling in the same issue as I was.

Arranging for courier:

1. Sent a covering letter with the application that I would like to arrange for a courier once the decision is made. The format is at the post : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879
2. I used FedEx for courier both ways.
3. Registered on the FedEx site to create an account that is bound to my credit card. Actually you might have to create two accounts binding to different credit cards (the reason is in point 5).
4. When I received the email that I can pick up the package from Home office, I raised a courier pickup request on the FedEx site.
5. Log in to FedEx with one account and prepare an Air Waybill that states the sender and the receiver information along with the account that needs to be charged for the courier. This account should be different from the one logged in. So use the other account that you have created and mention as to Bill Recipient.
6. A pdf file is generated as a result of 5. Sent this PDF to the immigration officer requesting to printout and paste it on the package.
7. Immigration officers usually do not have any problem to printout as long as they do not need to sign anything.

No signature is required by the sender. FedEx was really the most convenient way. I got the courier actually in one and a half days and they were well within the expected time.

If someone feld FedEx people were rude, it could be their personal experience and may not be applicable to all the FedEx personnels.

Hope this helps somebody.

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Sorry friends, I missed the second page onwards and thought that no reply was posted for a long time.

My apologies for stating that no one has replied for a long time.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:22 am

Hi Jammy,

Can you please tell me about their charges?

Thanks,
JD

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:37 pm

I paid around $60 for one way courier. Ofcourse the charge would be different depending on the country. But with so many original documents in it, I felt it was worth the amount.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:03 am

Hi Jammy,

I got a little confused with the two accounts you mentioned. Can you explain in more detail? Do you mean that the first account you mentioned is the account with Fedex, and the other one is the account needed by Fedex to charge you of the bill?

If so, will Fedex automatically provide you the second account number when you give them your credit card details?

Jammy
Newly Registered

Post by Jammy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:10 pm

I will tell you why I had to do so. Maybe there is a better way but this is what worked out for me.
When we prepare a shipment, we must log into an account. I logged into my account and entered the senders information as that of the immigration officer and the Home office address (the place from where we can arrange the courier to pickup our package). For receipient, I have to provide the Name, Address and a fedex account number to charge for the shipment. Even though we mention a different sender name, the FedEx tool takes the logged in account as the sender's account. If we have only one account and when we provide the receipent's account as that account, the FedEx tool throws an error saying that the Receipent's account cannot be same as the sender's account.
Hence I created two account, logged into one account and prepared the shipment. For receipent's account number, I provided my second account number and checked a check box that said Bill Recipient.
When the shipment label is prepared, it will have the Text "Bill Recipient" beside the Recipent's name and address. It would also have printed the account number that should be charged which will be the second account number.
As I said, this is what I did and there may be a better way of doing this but this was convinient for me and it worked out also.

Hope I clarified your doubt.

-Jammy.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:25 am

Thanks Jammy. I got it now.

I already talked to Fedex and unfortunately was informed that they only accept Corporate accounts for now (for our country). I guess I'll just go with MBE then.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Maybe others will be able to follow what you did.

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:43 pm

you better off with Mail Boxes Etc - they much faster and give choice of FedEx, UPS and DHL

:P

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:42 am

Hi,
Can we ask HO to send the documents to a friend from UK ad then he will courier back to me.

PS: I am not in UK.

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:51 am

xxxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:04 pm

Anthopogon wrote:Hi,
As per my experience it is not possible. What I did, I arrange document pick up through MBE(charged 20 GBP) and ask them to send to my friend who is in London(local courier charge). He received documents other day and sent scan copy of decision letter. Now, I am waiting originals which he is sending.
Hi,
Can you please provide me with the details how to arrange/use this service.

Regards,
Richie

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

xxxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 am

Anthopogon wrote:Hi,
Communicate with Mr. Frank Bigley of MBE. Pick up charge is 20 GBP plus applicable courier charge to your destination.

Mail Boxes Etc
Devonshire House, 49 Eldon St, Sheffield S1 4NR, U.K.
Tel +44 (0)114 272 0777
info@mbesheffield.co.uk

Best of luck.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Gov
Newly Registered

Post by Gov » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:58 am

Hi All,

I got my documents safely couriered through Mr. Frank Bigley of MBE. Thanks to the board for the info regarding courier.

Current contact details:
Mail Boxes Etc
Devonshire House, 49 Eldon St, Sheffield S1 4NR, U.K.
Tel +44 (0)114 272 0777 Fax +44 (0)114 270 0707
info@mbesheffield.co.uk bigley01@btconnect.com www.mbesheffield.co.uk

Note: I think it is better to leave it to Home Office for despatching documents, unless otherwise it is urgent.

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:39 am

Friend
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Customer Service for fedex customers

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:50 pm

Customer Service
Tel: 08456 07 08 09 Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30-19:30
If calling from outside the UK please dial + 44 2476 702 601

Even if you want to alter the address of the recipient, you can call and get authenticated first and then change the address.. Also you can track your pack in the UK by calling this number.

Royal
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

ajaya101
Newly Registered

Plz share the best way of arranging Courier

Post by ajaya101 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 am

Air mail is okay though the delivery is a bit late. DHL, FEDEX won't be doing this.

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:44 pm

My brother use Mail Boxes Etc Sheffield and they very good they give him choice of UPS, Fedex, DL and something called Parcelforce Worldwide. They very very fast.

khuram_noman

Arranging courier

Post by khuram_noman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:55 am

I have one question the time i applied for HSMP i have not provide any information that i will arrange the courier at the time decision is made on my application. But now i would like to arrange a courier to collect my original documents and the decision letter, once a decision is made on my HSMP application is there any way to do that now ??

kennyG
Newly Registered

Post by kennyG » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am

Guys,This is how i did the arrangement thing.......
I wrote a cover letter that my documents and hsmp decision should be sent to my friend in sweden which i have made an arrangement witt, the documents and HO decision will be sent to my friend in sweden and my friend will send it to me through courier service.

I wrote the cover letter that way and i sign it.

]

actuary.jk
Newly Registered

best couriers

Post by actuary.jk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:54 am

My experience in couriers

To UK: DHL is good. Fedex is also equally good.
From UK (i.e. From Sheffiedld): 3dcouriers.com is the best. MBE sheffield is OK but 3DCOURIERS is the best.

actuary.jk
Newly Registered

courier

Post by actuary.jk » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 am

I did this.
used 3dcouriers
They r lot better than MBEsheffield.
sent a mail to HSMP team indicating collection time. Give atleast 3 days notice.
Ask this guy (3dcouriers) to collect on the date.
Then and only then you have to pay 60 GBP.
He puts it in Fedex ( no addl charge).
In 4 days max you can collect.

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:10 pm

I was to use 3d and they only allow sending by one way but MBE have UPS Fedex, DHL and something called Parcelforce. 3d let me down but MBE Sheffield picked up straight away