ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year continous period question: Tier 4 to Tier 2 to FLR M to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladida
Zimbabwe

10 Year continous period question: Tier 4 to Tier 2 to FLR M to ILR

Post by ladida » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am

Hi all, I just need a bit of clarification regarding the 10 year continous stay for ILR. To keep it short my situation is:

- Tier 4: September 2009 to 2012 (3yrs)
- Tier 4: September 2012 to 2013 (1yr)
- Tier 4: January 2014 to 2015 (1yr)
- Tier 2: March 2015 to March 2018 (3yrs)
- Tier 2: Renewened March 2018 to 2021

I have not had any breaks and all visas were applied for before current visas had expired.

In September 2019 I would have completed 10yrs continous legal stay. (1 year 5 months left from today).
In March 2020 I would have completed my 5 year Tier 2 route. Salary is currently a few grand below ILR requirement but employer is aware.

I recently got married and my partner is British. We are planning on switching to family/spouse visa FLR M. Then I can apply for indefinite leave through the 10 year route next year. My salary is enough to meet the FLR M finance requirement; my partner is currently studying and will be done in a year. I could stay on the Tier 2 for another year and half then apply for ILR. But so much uncertainty with companies alot can happen in a year. Plus the peace of mind and ability to change jobs easier. Tier 2 is stressful.

Apart from the burden of the visa cost is there anything else I should consider before switching from Tier 2 to FLR M ? Would this affect my eligibity to apply for 10year continous stay? I know I will lose the 5year continous work.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Year continous period question: Tier 4 to Tier 2 to FLR M to ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:48 pm

It should be fine. FLR(M) will count towards the 10 years legal stay and obviously is less restrictive
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice