ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone filed under Tier1 from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:08 am

Hi,

Just a quick Question :- Has anyone filed under Tier1 from India ?

Thanks,

Deepak

lata

Post by lata » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:03 am

Need some clarifications. Pls let us know if anybody has applied from India under Tier1

rely

Post by rely » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Yes please go ahead.shoot your queries.
rely

lata wrote:Need some clarifications. Pls let us know if anybody has pplied from India under Tier1

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:06 am

Two Queries :-

1) Now no need to send documents to Home Office. I can send my Tier-1 application to local VFS ...right ?

2) about maintainence Funds, Its clear from the evidence list, we need to show the bank statements for last three months and certificate of minimum balance 2800 pounds.
I dont have this much cash in my salary account. but same investment is there in stocks/ mutual funds from last more than 5 months. Do you think it will work?...If i show 1000 pounds in salary account for three months and another 2500 pounds through stocks / funds which i am holding from more than last 5 months. Or i need to sell my stocks and get the money in my bank account and wait for three months and inform in application about these transaction in covering letter, that this money is through by selling stocks....

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:45 am

Hi Deepak,

1) Application has to be made at local vfs office. It would be sent to nearest british high commision.

2) Unfortunately stocks shall not be considered as maintenance funds. Please read the following extract from BIA site.
Maintenance (funds) can be:

cash savings in your bank account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
funds held in a joint bank account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
funds held in a bank account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on www.oanda.com and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
cash held in a trust fund.
The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted in India.

Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds).
IF you are applying from india, you need to have amount equivalent to GBP 2800 i.e. approx INR 2,40,000.

Cheers,
Kaushal

lata

Post by lata » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:35 am

Kaushal,

We should not show even mutual funds, LIC, .. etc and Flats, jewelery ... etc
as maintanance funds.
where can we find this detailed info in BIA site?

lata

Post by lata » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Should we not show even mutual funds, LIC, .. etc and Flats, jewelery ... etc
as maintanance funds?
where can we find this detailed info in BIA site?

actuary.jk
Newly Registered

EC- Transition

Post by actuary.jk » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:46 am

Hi
It will be of great assistance if you could answer the following queries. I am from india and had applied for HSMP in feb 2008 and had received approval letter prior to April 1, 2008.

1) Is it possible to ask for a post dated Entry-Clearance?

2) The fees for me would be 17425 Rs. How much is it for the HSMP dependant?

3) Now when I go for HSMP EC, Will I get 3 years or 2 years as the
term of stay? Pretty confusing bcos of the transition.

3) My wife will be joining me by August. Will I be able to apply EC
for her now and still she will be able to travel in August?

4) Is a proof of accommodation in UK a necessity?

5) How much bank balance to be maintained if I have 1 dependant?

6) Please send me a complete list of documents required for HSMP EC dependant. Should I attach CV, Cover letter, etc., for her as well?

7) What is the VAF form no. for the HSMP primary applicant and dependant?

8) She is a Sri Lankan Passport holder and an Indian resident. Will she b able to apply from India?

9) Should my wife have a valid IELTS as well?

Thanks and Regards
actuary.jk

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:58 pm

i have a query regarding the maintenace funds

1) i have to show 2800 for maintence funds for the last 3 months
2) i have 2 bank accounts can i transfer funds from my joint account to my salary account
3) if i transfer at what amount should i transfer from my joint account to salary account which is not objectionable to high commission eg. 40000 INR
10000+10000+10000+10000=40000 INR

samaroje
Newly Registered

Reg Fund Maintenance

Post by samaroje » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply from India. For the Funds, Can I show the authorities a Fixed Deposit amount. Also this Fixed deposit will be having a lock in period of 5 years.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:48 am

DEAR SAMAROJE
you can show liquid cash only in your account with the minimum balance of 2800 for the last 3 months then only apart from that you can show fd's