ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visitor visa > Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cathyx
Newly Registered
Australia

Marriage visitor visa > Spouse visa

Post by Cathyx » Tue May 01, 2018 10:20 am

Hi all,
Hoping someone here has been in a similar situation and can provide some advice.
I want to apply for a marriage visitor visa with the intention of returning back to my home country to apply for the spouse visa (to avoid paying double the fee of fiancé visa then converting it to a spouse visa).

I have been reading that some marriage visitor visas have been rejected because the visitor stated that they intend to settle in the UK eventually.
1) If I state that I only intend to stay in the UK on the marriage visa for the marriage and then return to my home country to apply for the spouse visa, would that potentially be cause for my marriage visa to be rejected as I will one day settle in the UK? Should I state that those are my plans when they ask what our future plans are?

Something else to note, is that my tier 5 youth mobility visa has recently finished - would this hurt my situation or seem suspicious in any way, leaving them to think I don't have enough ties to my home country to return home?
I would hate for any visa rejection to show up against my name, so if the fiance visa route is the safer bet, I can do that but would like to avoid the extra fees..
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!