ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused over COS dates - need help urgently

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2mm
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Confusion over extension date

Post by tier2mm » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 am

Hi,

My tier 2 expires on 4 October 2018 (This is with second employer so my date is different from my dependents (3 in all )visa date.

My dependants Tier 2 expires on 20 March 2018. My NHS employer has given me a new CoS so we can all extend together when dependants visa expires but for me, I am going for early extension. The work start date and end date is confusing me though. Work start date says 4th October 2018 and end date is 5th October 2021.

I asked my HR and they say it is to maximize my 3 year extension and that I will infact be able to work without any break from the time I extend March 2018 to end of visa term three years later. But my question is if total visa duration on tier 2 is 6 years then my extension can only be possible till 21 March 2021, so is it OK for second employer to write 5 October 2021 as work end date on CoS. Employer thinks it is OK. Please can someone guide me. I really dont want my appliation to get rejected.

Kind Regards and thank you.

saliame
Pakistan

Re: Confusion over extension date

Post by saliame » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi,

Cos start date can be anything from the day COS is assigned to 3 months in future. For example if your cos is assigned 15th March 2018 your start date shouldn't be beyond 12th-13th June 2018, if you apply early you will definitely miss out the few months towards the end of your visa.(Assuming you will pay 3 years visa fees and applying for 3 years visa)

I think 04th Oct won't work for you if you are going to apply in March, I will leave this to senior members comment on it and please correct me if I am wrong.

KR,

S

tier2mm
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Confused over COS dates - need help urgently

Post by tier2mm » Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi,

I applied for early extension of Tier 2 on 13 Feb 2018 ( myself and dependants as dependants visa was expiring on 17 March 2018). I was told on this board that it was possible. However despite advice given here, employer still put my original work end date as work start date on new COS.

UKVA case worker contacted employer on 10 April 2018 saying :

"I am assessing your employees Tier 2 General application for leave to remain in the UK. The Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned on 23 January 2018. You have provided a start date of 05 October 2018,which I note is the end date of his current leave. However that date is unacceptable for purposes of the COS.

Please visit the sponsorship guidance and amend the start date accordingly. Please do this by adding a sponsor note to the COS or by return email. "

Following this email, the employer changed that start date to 18/4/2018 through employer note section on COS
--------------------------------
Now UKBA case worker has again contacted employer saying:

"I note that you have amended the start date on the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS). However the COS end date is more than 3 months from the work start date. Can you please check the guidance and if you need to amend the work end date, please let me know by return email."

-------------------------------------
This is how the COS looks at the moment

Current certificate status: Assigned
Current certificate status date: 23 January 2018
Date use By: 24 April 2018
Sponsorship withdrawn: N
sponsor note: Please note that employees start date should have been 18/4/2018 to coincide with family visa application

work start date section reads:
start date: 5 October 2018
end date: 4 October 2021

(my six years on tier 2 will end on 17 march 2021 if given extension and never go to end date started here)

We ( Employer and myself) are confused as what to do about the dates and what dates are workable for us. The employer has asked me to change dates but i do not know what dates are workable for UKVA to accept this early extension application. Can someone kindly guide me.

Secondly is the COS expired?

Kind regards and thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused over COS dates - need help urgently

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2mm
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tier2mm » Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Sorry moderator , i didn't realise it was the same topic. Can you point me to someone who can explain to me what UKVI case workers second email is asking for us to do because I do not understand it. Thank you.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Tue May 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi,

Start date has been changed to 18/4/2018 however it looks end date hasn't been changed, end dates will have to be changed as well:

start date: 5 October 2018
end date: 4 October 2021

It should now be

Start Date 18-04-2018
End Date should be somewhere in early April 2021, say 10th April 2021

You have applied for 3 years visa so your start date and end date should be in between three years.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 pm

COS is clearly expired now. I think more senior members would be able to comment on it.

tier2mm
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tier2mm » Tue May 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Thank you for replying. I understand now that work end date has to be amended. but what in your opinion does this part of the second UKVA case workers email mean ... "However the COS end date is more than 3 months from the work start date".

The employees start date for work was amended to 18/4/2018 on April 17th 2018. COS end date (I'm thinking this is the same as use by date was April 24th 2018). So how is the COS end date now more than 3 months from amended work start date .... or do you think the work start date has not been amended at all through sponsors note section .... not sure how to approach this issue. Totally lost. Is there someone you might recommend who can guide us through this.