ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for EC those who got approval before

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bphanirajkumar

Maintenance funds for EC those who got approval before

Post by bphanirajkumar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:13 am

Freinds,

I have got approval in Janurary. Due to soem prob i could not able to apply in march. Last month when i communicated with VFS, they told even if i apply in APril old rules applies. Could you please any of you suggest me how long do i have to show funds? is it 3 months or 1 month?

Thanks,
PHani.

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 am

Hi Phani ..

as per old rules u need not to maintain money in your account, at the time of EC u have to show sufficient funds.

GM

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi gmhsmp,

Thanks for your reply...But i heard tht i have to show funds for 3 months in my account..is it correct?

Thanks,
Phani.

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:19 am

Phani ..

The 3 month requirement is for Tier1 applicants and also for those who wish to apply under transitional arrangements.

If u wish u can apply under transitional arrangements showing 3 months maintainance(funds), here u will get 3 yrs visa.

Hope u got the point...

Goodluck

kiladik

Maintanance

Post by kiladik » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Iam from India and got the Approval letter in March. But I believe we need to show maintanance fund for 3 months in account. This is mandatory for all whether old or new.

sweety
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sweety » Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi Phani,

Have you applied for EC with HSMP approval letter under Tier 1 rule. If so, could you please provide your experience. thanks.

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue May 06, 2008 5:30 am

Hey sweety,

I didn't apply for EC yet yaar. I am still in confusion. VFS people saying we should maintain funds for 3 months...nyhow when r u going to apply???.... IF you are from bangalore get in touch with me m planning to apply this week..
my id is bphanirajkumar@gmail.com
Regards,
PHani.

sweety
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sweety » Tue May 06, 2008 9:22 am

Hi Phani,

I am planning to apply mid of May... i am from Chennai and i am not yet ready with all the documents required as per the old rules... However, i am ready if we go by new rules !!!

ok, i too think it is must to show 3 months fund in the bank. have you checked with UK Home office.... i think they will help out...

all the best and keep posted on your progress... cheers.

sweety
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by sweety » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Phani / all,

I am in the process of applying for EC this june. If you have applied for EC with HSMP approval letter, kindly share your experience. Experience by means, what are all the formalities we have to follow at the VFS center.

It would be really useful if you provide more information on the Integra forms to be filled.

Note: During earlier commn, VFS mentioned we need to fill Integra form and additional Integra form. However, I am not sure whether both are same / different.

Please could anyone reply. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Seniors / Moderators,

If my query has an answer already, kindly provide me the link. I couldnt find any in my search... thanks.

regards,
sweety.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:32 pm

gmhsmp wrote:Phani ..

The 3 month requirement is for Tier1 applicants and also for those who wish to apply under transitional arrangements.

If u wish u can apply under transitional arrangements showing 3 months maintainance(funds), here u will get 3 yrs visa.

Hope u got the point...

Goodluck
What do you mean by "if you wish you can apply under transitional arrangements"?? What other choice does he have (obviously applying for Tier-1 afresh should not be considered a choice). He has toshow funds maintained in his account for last 3 months:

See the guidance below:

"Transitional arrangements for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

This page explains the arrangements for people who are part-way through the process of applying to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), or who have permission to stay (known as 'leave to enter' or 'leave to remain') as a highly skilled migrant and want to extend their stay.

Transitional arrangements for those with an HSMP approval letter
The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) has closed for applicants in the United Kingdom, and also closed for applicants in India on 31 March 2008 when Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system was introduced.

On 1 April 2008 Tier 1 (General) was introduced for applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') made in India. If you are in the rest of the world, you are still able to apply for HSMP.

There will be a number of applicants who will be part-way through the two-stage application process (application for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter followed by a separate application for the associated entry clearance or leave to remain) when HSMP is closed to applicants. A number of people will have already successfully applied for an HSMP approval letter but will have yet to apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. HSMP approval letters are valid for six months from the date of issue.

Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only;
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
if, on 1 April 2008, you have already applied for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter (HSMP approval letter) but have yet to apply for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant; or
if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant.
If you apply with a valid HSMP approval letter, you are charged a reduced Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker fee for your application. Read the section on costs to work out the fee you must pay.

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and the 10 points required for English language. You will still need to meet the maintenance requirement and other general requirements of Tier 1 (General)."

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:35 pm

bphanirajkumar wrote:Hey sweety,

I didn't apply for EC yet yaar. I am still in confusion. VFS people saying we should maintain funds for 3 months...nyhow when r u going to apply???.... IF you are from bangalore get in touch with me m planning to apply this week..
my id is bphanirajkumar@gmail.com
Regards,
PHani.
You have to maintain adequate funds in your account for atleast 3 months. See my response above.

regards,

push_hsmp