ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KayPee

Re: UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by KayPee » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am

megha123 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm
KayPee,

I just posted my timeline thread.

Megha
Still haven't had any updates from the UKVI! Very lousy of them to not even acknowledge. Thinking of doing a FOI request.

I was trying to find your timeline here immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... 3-240.html but couldn't find. I'll be posting mine soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm

KayPee wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am
Still haven't had any updates from the UKVI! Very lousy of them to not even acknowledge. Thinking of doing a FOI request.

I was trying to find your timeline here immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... 3-240.html but couldn't find. I'll be posting mine soon.
You are looking at the In Country FLR(M) timeline link, which is not relevant to out of country applications.

Megha123 is applying from India, see link below.

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... l#p1623419
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm
KayPee wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am

You are looking at the In Country FLR(M) timeline link, which is not relevant to out of country applications.

Megha123 is applying from India, see link below.

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... l#p1623419
Ah, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Hello,

My husband received the original documents back from Sheffield today. UKVI provided a note as well:

"Thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by UKVI in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.

In due course, the applicant will receive a decision on the application."

Is this normal? I am just worried.....

Thanks,
Megha

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Yes.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Wed May 02, 2018 10:20 am

megha123 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:09 pm
Hello,

My husband received the original documents back from Sheffield today. UKVI provided a note as well:

"Thank you for sending documents in support of a UK visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by UKVI in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.

In due course, the applicant will receive a decision on the application."

Is this normal? I am just worried.....

Thanks,
Megha
Great news! I've received a "missed delivery" card from the Royal Mail and I presume, just as in your case, its the original set of documents being returned. Now begins the real wait, I suppose.... :)

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Good to hear that KayPee. I hope it all goes well for us and others in waiting.

Best,
Megha

jaychauhan
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaychauhan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi Megha,
What did you finally did for this? What documents you took to the appointment? And rest your husband posted from within UK?

Any reply will be very helpful :)

Thanks
megha123 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm
Dear All,

I know I have asked this query before but I am in panic after receiving the below email from visa4uk. I just submitted my standard online application from Ahmedabad, India. I was under the impression that my sponsor based in the UK is required to post the supporting documents to Sheffield. Keeping this in mind, I posted him my TB certificate, academic certificates, etc. In the process of submission, I chose my VFS appointment date to be 14/03/2017. However, I am surprised to get the below info. from visa4uk via e-mail. If I am required to send the documents, then I need my husband to post my documents back to me along with his documents. I thought it wise to update the appointment date to 26/03/2017 so I have enough time to collect all the required documents. I think I will have to submit the documents on the same day when I visit VFS? Please do help. I am really worried.

We confirm your appointment with us at our Ahmedabad office on 14/03/2018 12:30 . The full office address is

VFS Ahmedabad Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, Emerald House,
Near Parimal Garden Cross Road,
Off CG Road
Ahmedabad

The appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.

On the day of your Appointment

Please bring these documents with you:
• a print out of your appointment confirmation;
• a print out of your, signed and dated, visa application form, the visa application fee, unless already paid online;
• your passport;
• any documents that you want to provide in support of your visa application
About your supporting documents:
•They must be in English, or, if they are in any other language, you must provide a certified translation;
• you may need a tuberculosis (TB) test if you are going to the UK for more than 6 months Please check here https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa and submit your certificate with your supporting documents;
If you are under 18, one of your parents or guardians must give their permission in writing to you travelling to the UK. Please include this letter of consent with your supporting documents.
•You must make sure you provide all the documents that you want the visa officer to consider
•Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

Whats the confusion here? All documents get sent directly to Sheffield either via courier in Ahmedabad or from within UK by sponsor to Sheffield. They all go to SHEFFIELD.

Read the guide properly from the VFS website.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/appli ... tre.html#1
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

megha123 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm
Good to hear that KayPee. I hope it all goes well for us and others in waiting.

Best,
Megha
Hi Megha, any updates at your end? Did your sponsor receive a call from HO yet?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 am

Hi KayPee,

No, we haven't received any calls from the HO. How was your interview? Did it go well?

Best,
Megha

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 am

megha123 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 am
Hi KayPee,

No, we haven't received any calls from the HO. How was your interview? Did it go well?

Best,
Megha
Yes, the verification call was in-depth and seemingly focused largely on my employment details. Right from my day-to-day activities at job to the MD of the business etc, they asked quite a lot. They called my employers too, the same day. I suppose they don't call ALL the candidates, may be cherry pick to verify?! Hope you receive the results soon. :)

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a query on family spouse visa accomodation requirement.

Along with Landlord consent letter and tenancy agreement, do I need to submit the accomodation certificate as well?

I am the only tenant currently living at the property for 1BHK and planning to sponsor visa for my wife and child.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:39 pm

khaisar007 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a query on family spouse visa accomodation requirement.

Along with Landlord consent letter and tenancy agreement, do I need to submit the accomodation certificate as well?

I am the only tenant currently living at the property for 1BHK and planning to sponsor visa for my wife and child.
This is not a general discussion topic. Please continue in your existing topic you already have.

immigration-for-family-members/dependen ... l#p1606890
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:07 pm

megha123 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 am
Hi KayPee,

Best,
Megha
Any update yet, Megha?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi KayPee,

Not yet. The 12 week timescale ends today. With regard to Biometrics, tomorrow is the 60th working day. If we don't hear anything by the end of this week, then we will contact them. This waiting is just unbearable now.

Will update as soon as I hear something.

Best,
Megha

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Dear All,

The visa has been granted. Really, it wouldn't have been possible without the support and guidance that I got on this forum. Many thanks to all moderators / members for this.

One query: I applied for a spouse visa (not an unmarried partner) so does it have to be "D - PARTNER STANDARD" on the sticker? I hope this is correct.

Thanks,
Megha

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

megha123 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 pm
Dear All,

The visa has been granted. Really, it wouldn't have been possible without the support and guidance that I got on this forum. Many thanks to all moderators / members for this.

One query: I applied for a spouse visa (not an unmarried partner) so does it have to be "D - PARTNER STANDARD" on the sticker? I hope this is correct.

Thanks,
Megha
Wow! Congratulations! Great news! Like you say, this forum must be given the due credit for all the help it gives! :) Since our timelines aren't too far apart, I'd expect my partner's to arrive within next two weeks, if its on similar route as yours. Congrats again!