ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sole trader ILR Checklist from tier 1 entrepreneur

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Importance of Immigration advisor/Lawyer

Post by hitec » Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am

Hello Everybody !

I am just new to this forum. Wondering if I can get some help !

My question is do I have to use immigration lawyer to apply my ILR application which is due this month ?
my background status:
On Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (50,000). Completing 5 years this month.
I used the immigration lawyer for the initial application and extension but as he charging too much so thinking to prepare all the paper work myself. As I think my case is straightforward :
1. I am working as a self employed (sole trader) and running the same business since beginning.
2. Employed 2 people full time (30 hours a week) for a year and one part time for 3 months.
3. showed £50,000 invested and spent at the time of extension.
4. my visa is valid till April 2019

Would it be good idea to prepare my file myself ? As I read somewhere that there is no appeal rights for ILR applications if it refused.
Please advice friends.. Thanks very much

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Importance of Immigration advisor/Lawyer

Post by zimba » Wed May 02, 2018 12:16 am

You certainly do not need a lawyer but it is up to you. With some research and work you can apply for ILR on your own without any issues.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Wed May 02, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks zimba
I think I will try myself.
Could you please point me to the right direction for documents requirements for sole trader.
Is there any link I can follow?
Also what are my options just say if my application refused for any reason ? My current visa is valid till April 2019.
Thanks for your help🙂

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:07 am

Immigration Solicitor is not mandatory for very straight forward cases, But I will recommend you to get in touch with your accountant and get a full audit letter from their Registered Charted Accountant with detailed explanations of income and expenditure over the years (P&L, Balance Sheets, Projected turnover for the following year), Up to date Tax affairs with HMRC and Employee tax contributions,
Though this is not mandatory, It is highly recommended, It will cost you as least as 250£ but will solve many major doubts and issues in front of a caseworker,
(In simple theory, Go through the Entpr-Visa in the forum and see for any refusal and their cause, Try to cover yourself from that, Be as transparent as you can, The above will solve major issues)
All the very best
If Not We, Then Who?

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks Teddy

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Are we getting the decision same day if use premium services? Sorry don’t know much about it. Just looking at the different posts and just realised that this service exist. Wondering why not everybody using this service if it’s same day service ? Thanks 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 pm

hitec wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 pm
Are we getting the decision same day if use premium services? Sorry don’t know much about it. Just looking at the different posts and just realised that this service exist. Wondering why not everybody using this service if it’s same day service ? Thanks 🙏
Premium same day service is not available for all visa or ILR routes. Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR is one of them and you can only apply by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Fri May 04, 2018 10:37 pm

OIC . Thanks

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi all

Is there any checklist for self employed (sole trader) I can folllow to apply for ILR from tier 1 entrepreneur 50,000 ?
Thanks

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sole trader ILR Checklist from tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by hitec » Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 am

Hello everyone

I just started this post as I couldn’t get answer in my previous post for checklist requirements for sole trader from tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR.
Please help if you can as I am looking to apply for ILR this month. Thanks 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sole trader ILR Checklist from tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 10, 2018 12:07 pm

There is no checklist. For sole traders you must submit self assessment tax returns to show you are registered with HMRC. All other documents are clear in the guide like job creation evidence, English language and LIUK test. You do not need to send investment evidence at all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Fri May 11, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks for your response zimba.
Can I ask what Are my options if for any reason my application refuses. Have a got the option to apply again ? I got visa till May 2019. I am a bit of worried that if I miss out any point in my application. So just trying to make sure I know all the information.
And how online application works ? Do I need apply online first then send all the documents in post later ? Thank you. 😊

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Hello everybody

Do I have to provide 3 months old bank statement for maintenance funds? I haven’t maintained it. Do I need to wait 3 months now? Or few days olds will do ? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 pm

There is no 'maintenance fund' requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi
That’s what I was thinking. I have decided to use lawyer for my case as don’t want to take chance.
I just spoke to her 10 min ago , and she mentioned I have to show around £600-£800 in my personal or saving account to show that I have enough money and I won’t Depaned on public funds.
🙄

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm

I would be wary of using a solicitor who tells you that you need maintenance funds when it is NOT a requirement for ILR.

Having maintenance funds and proving you can support yourself are different things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Sorry I mean yea she said to prove that I can support myself I need to show funds 3 months old. Sorry not maintenance funds my fault

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Salary or dividends bank statements etc not the 'maintenance funds' as you were required to show for extension etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm

So there is no any requirement for funds to show I I can support myself?

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 pm

confused 😐
I am still not clear
So is there any requirement to show funds in bank account (to show I can support myself and won’t depending on other sources) ?
Thank you

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 am

Maintenance funds and showing funds in my account that I can support myself is same thing right?
That’s what maintenance funds means.
Sorry am I missing Anythting here?
So can I ask last time please is there any requirement to show some money into the account for last 3 months?😐

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri May 18, 2018 5:55 pm

hitec wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 am
Maintenance funds and showing funds in my account that I can support myself is same thing right?
That’s what maintenance funds means.
Sorry am I missing Anythting here?
So can I ask last time please is there any requirement to show some money into the account for last 3 months?😐
There is no requirement to show money in any account for 3 months.
What you show to that you can support yourself is not defined. It could be money in account, it could be salary, it could be your spouse salary, parent's support - anything.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

hitec
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hitec » Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Thanks for your response marcnath. So I can just show money in my account just say 2 weeks old? No need to be 3 months old right? Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 am

hitec wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 pm
Thanks for your response marcnath. So I can just show money in my account just say 2 weeks old? No need to be 3 months old right? Thanks
As said, this is not clearly defined.

Yes, you can show money in your account for 2 weeks, but there is also a mention in the form that The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last three months.

So, if that is the only evidence you intend to submit, you need to submit three months of account statement. However, there is no requirement that there has to be a certain amount in the account or that it has to have been there every day (unlike the strict requirement for maintenance funds)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.