ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund of the IHS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omar1978

Refund of the IHS

Post by omar1978 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm

hello

would be grateful if someone can answer. within few days i have to travel abroad with my spouse who is in spouse visa and her 2.5 years visa will be running out soon and she is eligible for 2nd extension now. after paying ihs if i see there is no early slot available in premier service and if i decide not to make application, will they refund my money?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Refund of the IHS

Post by Casa » Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 pm

omar1978 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm
hello

would be grateful if someone can answer. within few days i have to travel abroad with my spouse who is in spouse visa and her 2.5 years visa will be running out soon and she is eligible for 2nd extension now. after paying ihs if i see there is no early slot available in premier service and if i decide not to make application, will they refund my money?
Your post has been moved to your own topic from the inactive thread you tagged your question onto. The other member's thread is almost 12 months old!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 pm

When does your wife's current visa expire :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 am

hi
thanks for the reply..her visa expiring 1st of june 2018

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 03, 2018 8:14 am

omar1978 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 am
hi
thanks for the reply..her visa expiring 1st of june 2018
Your post is unclear. Do you intend to travel outside of the UK and allow your wife's current visa to expire, or will she return in time to submit her FLR(M) application :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:07 pm

thanks for your reply. we have to travel by 20th of this month and her visa is expiring 1st of june . not sure if we can get new visa before travel. if we cant we have to apply later for new entry visa (flrm) from outside and wait again 5 years for the ilr. now i want to check the interview slot within a week and to do so have pay ihs first.
so my question is if i pay ihs first but later decide not to apply, will they refund my ihs fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:09 pm

new entry visa (flrm) from outside and wait again 5 years for the ilr.
You cannot apply for FLR(M) outside the UK. It is VAF4A and Appendix 2 meeting all the requirements.
now i want to check the interview slot within a week and to do so have pay ihs first.
so my question is if i pay ihs first but later decide not to apply, will they refund my ihs fees?
Yes you can request a refund. Unlikely you will find a slot at premium service centre within the next week and remember, the BRP card is delivered by courier between 7-10 days after your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.