ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for dependents VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newone79
Newly Registered

Need to apply for dependents VISA

Post by newone79 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:50 am

Hi,

I got my HSMP and EC with the old rules. Meaning I got the HSMP approval in Decmber - 2007 and EC in Febuarary - 2008.

I have not yet moved to UK and still in India only.

Now, I wish to apply for EC for my dependent wife & defendant child.

My HSMP approval was in December - 2007 and the six months validity of my HSMP approval will be over by June - 2008.

Whether I need to apply for the dependents EC before June - 2008 or else, I can apply even after June - 2008.

As the primary applicant I have got the EC already.

Also, kindly clarify me whether - will there be any problem in apply for my dependents EC, before I land/settle in UK.

Thank in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Saran

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:06 am

There is no limit/rule to when can u apply for dependent Visa..U can apply for their VISa even on last day of your visa..
So go for it..You can apply for their EC when ever u want...But make sure that u fulfill all criteria for dependents (maintenance funds etc)

newone79
Newly Registered

Post by newone79 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:46 am

Hi ashishashah,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please clarify me that, whether "Applying EC for my dependents will come under Transitional arrangements for those with a HSMP approval letter"http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx#hsmp.

Also, please clarify me , how much of funds need to be maintained in the savings account for getting my dependents EC.

I know, if I was able to apply before June 28 - there is no need for maintaining the fund.

I would like to be prepared for the worst case that, I could apply for their EC only after June 28.

Is it 2800 for each dependent ? or

Is it 1800 for each dependent ? or

Is it 2800 for main applicant [even though, I have got my EC already] + 1800 for each dependent ?

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Saran