ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

buying a business of 250k - Does it qualify ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prisingh
Mood:
India

T2 ICT to T1 Entreprenuer

Post by prisingh » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and it seems really helpfull in the t1 e queries.
But there is below confusion:

I keep reading that t1 E 50k route own money. Now i have 50k but on the home office site it says it has to be via some VC , or UKTI seed funding .
so is it possbile to apply for tier 1 e with 50k funding of own money while in country ???

:roll:

thanks

Mrchaany

Re: T2 ICT to T1 Entreprenuer

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:32 pm

no
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:37 pm

thanks for the reply .

ok what are the ways to get in touch with this VC or Seed funding ? Is there any forum or any platform where we can present the business plan to the VC ?

another query is for the 200k funding - i have read to much for third party funding and all.. it will take time but can be arranged..
so at the extention if all that amount has to be invested in the business ?? what all documents are required for the third party funding ?

thanks

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:22 pm

For extension perspective
Application can transfer all funds via director loan to business bank account (transactions will be from personal
To business by applicant) not third party.
After initial visa third party need to transfer all funds to applicant personal account.

Note only 200k

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:01 pm

so the third party amount needs to be in UK bank account of third party or my own personal account
?
plus for extension that 200k should be placed in business account as director loan

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Initial and extension different from certain aspect,
Third party can be from any where but for extension applicant need to transfer third party funds to his/her personal
Bank account for director loan agreement, because ukvi now looking for annual accounts and business bank statement for investment purposes.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Why don't you start by reading the guide ???? :? All your questions are covered THERE !

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prisingh
Mood:
India

Tier 1 Ent - 50k route. Already Invested clause

Post by prisingh » Wed May 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi,

I have gone through the guidance and also lot of threads on this here. But still i am unable to get a clear cut confusion cleared:
1 - I am on Tier 2 ICT visa - Main applicant -
so can i switch to Tier 1 Ent in country ? from what i read i think yes.
2 - If i invest in an existing business for 50k cash ? Can i go through 50k route ?-
I am not buying an existing one . I am investing an already running business.
3- If the answer is no to above. Then according to the new business defination. I can start a business and invest 50k in it. Run it as director (allowed 20 hrs per week under my Tier 2 ICT leave).
Can i go for the 50k T1 e route on this ?

I know 50k route is mainly under strict condition but the below line is the base of above queries :

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds

So is it like if you have got the funding of 50k from the sources mentioned on above link and invested that in last 12month but not applied for T1 e .. you can apply so ? :?:

I am just =unable to get my head around on this.

thanks

prisingh
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 Ent - 50k route. Already Invested clause

Post by prisingh » Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 am

oh.. i am coming in circle with this ... sorry for this.. :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am

prisingh wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 am
oh.. i am coming in circle with this ... sorry for this.. :roll:
I merged your topics. See Multiple Topics (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 03, 2018 11:33 am

1 - I am on Tier 2 ICT visa - Main applicant -
so can i switch to Tier 1 Ent in country ? from what i read i think yes.
Correct
2 - If i invest in an existing business for 50k cash ? Can i go through 50k route ?-
I am not buying an existing one . I am investing an already running business.
No. You CANNOT use your own money under the 50K route. You need to get the funds either from the government body, UKTI or a VC.
3- If the answer is no to above. Then according to the new business defination. I can start a business and invest 50k in it. Run it as director (allowed 20 hrs per week under my Tier 2 ICT leave).
Can i go for the 50k T1 e route on this ?
Sure but CANNOT use your own money under the 50K route.
So is it like if you have got the funding of 50k from the sources mentioned on above link and invested that in last 12month but not applied for T1 e .. you can apply so ?
Yes but this condition applies to ALL tier 1E initial applications who want to rely on previous investments
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prisingh
Mood:
India

buying a business of 250k - Does it qualify ?

Post by prisingh » Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 am

Hi All,

I am looking to buy an existing business which is around 250k. It is a children play park which includes all the equipment along with the first year lease.

The questions are :
- Does it qualify for the Tier 1 ent visa ?
- If not can i show the amount for the equipment/ rent as part of 200k route and rest of money in bank and apply for t1e ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: buying a business of 250k - Does it qualify ?

Post by marcnath » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am

Reply made in your original thread
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am

Hi ,

Q: So is it like if you have got the funding of 50k from the sources mentioned on above link and invested that in last 12month but not applied for T1 e .. you can apply so ?
A: Yes but this condition applies to ALL tier 1E initial applications who want to rely on previous investments

Thanks for the above answer.
But does it mean that if i have invested 200k in an exiting business or buy one in last 12 months .. can i and my partner apply for t1e 200k route ?

Sorry i have opened another thread for this as didnt see this response.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am

Ok CR001 did the topic merge :-)
prisingh wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 am
Hi All,

I am looking to buy an existing business which is around 250k. It is a children play park which includes all the equipment along with the first year lease.

The questions are :
- Does it qualify for the Tier 1 ent visa ?
- If not can i show the amount for the equipment/ rent as part of 200k route and rest of money in bank and apply for t1e ?

Thanks
Your question is ambiguous - Tier 1 Ent visa has no restrictions on what kind of business you do.

If the question is whether the 250K used to buy the business will be considered part of the 200K investment needed, the answer is no. Invested money, for T1E purposes, has to be money that goes into the business, not to the previous owner.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 08, 2018 9:47 am

prisingh wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am
Hi ,

Q: So is it like if you have got the funding of 50k from the sources mentioned on above link and invested that in last 12month but not applied for T1 e .. you can apply so ?
A: Yes but this condition applies to ALL tier 1E initial applications who want to rely on previous investments

Thanks for the above answer.
But does it mean that if i have invested 200k in an exiting business or buy one in last 12 months .. can i and my partner apply for t1e 200k route ?

Sorry i have opened another thread for this as didnt see this response.
Again, you mix up questions.
1. Yes if you have invested 200K into an existing business in the past 12 months, that can be used for the funds required
2. If you buy one, that is a different matter as addressed in my other reply
3. If you are the only one investing, then only you can apply. Not your partner.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm

aah.. thanks for the clarification.
Correct i am mixing up lot of queries around

so , the money should be ready to be used in any business and the amount which goes to previous owner is not counted. i am planning on the below path

1 -- buy a business .. whatever amount. while in uk..
2 -- let the business run and i can work 20hrs under my t2ict visa.
3 -- get the 200k ready for visa along with a partner (can i show the rental which is already going in of 63 k in per annum in this ?)
4 -- apply t1e under the same business as this will b within 12 months period..

if the above path is possible ?
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm

You cannot work for your business if it is not the same SOC and job role you perform under your ICT visa and you work 20 hours pw on PAYE.
do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 08, 2018 6:05 pm

prisingh wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm
aah.. thanks for the clarification.
Correct i am mixing up lot of queries around

so , the money should be ready to be used in any business and the amount which goes to previous owner is not counted. i am planning on the below path

1 -- buy a business .. whatever amount. while in uk..
2 -- let the business run and i can work 20hrs under my t2ict visa.
3 -- get the 200k ready for visa along with a partner (can i show the rental which is already going in of 63 k in per annum in this ?)
4 -- apply t1e under the same business as this will b within 12 months period..

if the above path is possible ?
thanks
@CR001 has already answered the issue of working on the business under ICT.
can i show the rental which is already going in of 63 k in per annum in this ?
You need to invest 200K of cash into the business. Rent is an expense out of the business and has nothing to do with investment which is money into the business.

But otherwise it should be ok