ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused - Visitor Visa from London UK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:38 am

congrats! Can you please tell us the supporting documents and evidence submitted to secure the visa. How long is your husbands spouse visa valid for?

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:57 am

Thank you! His UK spouse visa is valid for 2 years until March 2009. The Canadian visitor’s visa is a single-entry one valid for 2 months until 17th June 2008 (this is sufficient for our trip as we are back in England before then anyway!). The documents provided as well as the completed form and 2 recent photos were:

Recent bank statements and payslips of applicant husband (last 2 months)
Recent bank statements and payslips of me (British wife) (last 2 months)
Copy of my British passport
Copy of our Marriage Certificate
Our Tenancy Agreement
Confirmed travel itinerary
Copy of return airline tickets
Travel insurance certificate
Hotel booking confirmation

I was worried because we couldn’t get the letter from his employer in time to make the application. As he is Albanian they advise that he is one of the nationalities that should make their application about one month before departure. In a covering letter though we gave them all of his employer’s details (address, phone & fax no.) and also pointed to the fact that the salary entries on his bank statement corresponded to the payslips so that he does actually work there (I had seen a reason for refusal of a UK visa being that they thought the payslips provided were fake because the sums in the bank account didn’t match up so thought I would make this point to them!). As has been the usual advice on this forum also everything was clearly set out, relevant bits highlighted (e.g. salary entries were highlighted on the copy bank statements) and all documents were page numbered and then an index provided.

Hope this post helps anyone else looking to get a Canadian visitor’s visa. Don’t think that if you’re from one of the countries that they seem to ask for more info from that you won’t get the visa. I’m sure that f you show that you’ve got enough ties to the UK such as a place to live, job etc (like my husband did with his recent application) so that they are satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit and give u the visa!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:16 am

Thank you for the information. Did he attend any interview with Canadian High commission?

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:30 am

No, he wasn’t called for interview or even asked for any further documents by the Canadian High Commission, which is good! The only hurdle I guess now is to see what kind of stupid questions they ask when we arrive in Canada! From my experience of travelling with him, both going or coming back to the UK, is that they ask many stupid and unnecessary questions because (well at least it seems to me!) he is Albanian! Travelling on a British passport, I’ve never had the kind of questions that he gets!! Travelling back from Belgium on the Eurostar we got questioned and let through and then a different immigration officer followed us out of King’s Cross and stopped him to ask more questions! Anyway, I’m just glad that he got the visa for Canada!!

wimmigration
Newly Registered

Post by wimmigration » Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi there,

Good discussion.

For further information, visit:

http://fastimmigration.blogspot.com

Good luck to all.

mycanal1

visit visa for canada refused because of 4 reasons!!! help

Post by mycanal1 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:46 pm

hi, i applied for canadian visit visa for myslef and my wife, just single entry. but they refused by saying
1-ur visa is temp only study visa not ilr
2-ur college is small and canada doesnot recognise these colleges and i must be in university
3-i and my wife dont have professional jobs
4-we rent and dont own a house
so because of about 4 reasons, she said she dont think we will return to uk, although we had 1 years left on our visa.
my question is that if i apply for immigration visa, would this rejection make a bad impression. and on my immigration application would they still think negative about my uk colleges that i have been studying from last 3 -5 years.
should i apply for immigration from uk or pk.
what is the current timeline for decision.
i applied for uk hsmp but even after 5 months still no answer and some have been waiiting over 2 years for decision.
it seems ppl form pakistan have been pushing aside for most opportunities for visa,immigration etc etc.
plz reply if u can help with any immigration info about uk,canada, or australia etc etc
sajid mycanal@hotmail.com

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Don't know if you got any response to your post but I am the one that posted above and can only advise on a couple of issues with your refusal. You say one of the reasons is because you don't own your house but are renting it. My husband is also renting a property with me and provided a copy of the tenancy agreement in with his application for a Canadian visitor's visa. When you say you are not in professional jobs, do you mean that you are studying rather than working full-time or that you are not in a 'professional' job such as a high paying one. If the latter, this shouldn't matter as my husband works in construction as a roofer/labourer but they still gave him the Canadian visa. He also doesn't have ILR but only 10 months left of his 2 year spouse visa. I guess the main thing they are worried about is that you won't return from Canada and will use the visitor's visa as an easy way to get into the country to settle there. Of course some people such as yourself and my husband are genuinely just visitors! Have you thought about including return airline tickets in with your application to show that you have paid for your return to the UK? Of course this is a risk paying for airline tickets for 2 people in case they don't give you the visa but this is what me and my husband did for his application. Good luck with it if u try applying again anyway!

josephineso
Newly Registered

My application's refused In Commission Of Canada In London

Post by josephineso » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 am

(High Commission Of Canada In London)- Overall, the whole process was mess of confused. I am very dissatisfied with the whole process and feel it was a total waste of money and time :(
It makes me think it is just a way for them to get more money (denying applications making people reapply).

In the previous, I've sent all my travel ducoments by 1st class delivery- POST for apply temporary visitor of canada. I've been waiting about 3 weeks to process. The Canadian visa officer sent back the returnable application to meantion payment is incorrect for the following reason only.
In the next days I decided to come into high Commision of Canada, London for apply temporary visa direct by personally. I paid for the multiple entry £170 which is not refundable. The wait for a visa took more than 4 hours. Over there are maybe 50 people patiently waiting. ... Indeed more than 35 appicant was rejected. if the people receive brown color large envelope it means refused. I kept patience waiting for more than 4 hours in the Canadian high commission office, London.
As matter of fact, I consider an several factors- The system is operating VERY slowly, Selfish, and Unresponsible. and yes they are so friendly. But frankly speaking, they're impatient of answer my enquires. They constantly everything's on the website, eveything is on the envelope.
even we came to the office personally. we never interview to officer. The most important is pay for your application fees and visa fees by cash isn't? and yes. so please be patient to keep waiting for an hours. oh my god. waiting..and waiting hours and hours to pass. I'm really feel like an idiot. it is never happens in my life before????? I am confused why we need to pay for visa fees if which is unapproved?
Well, I agreed with the application fees. but I am disagreed with the visa fees which is unapproved.
MY STRONGLY OBJECTION TO THE APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
This was my 1st experienced into tho whole processed. I felt VERY angry and Unsatisfied. :evil: :evil: :evil:
My application is refused with no reason :(

I am an Malaysian citizen's and British permanent residence.
I currently on work as web develop/ web designs.

I applied for Temp. Resident Visa / Visitor Visa (Multiple Entry)
on Tuesday, 07 July 2009, in the Canadian High Commission in London, UK

I went personally and took following documents along
- Invitaion letter from upcoming show to Montego Bay, Jamaica
- My passport with 2 passport photos
- Bank Acc statement
- Itinerary confirmation letters
- Flight setails
- Home office approval
- UK Address ( shop and home add)

Depart: London Gatwick- Toronto, Canada- Montego Bay, Jamaica
Return: Jamaica- Toronto, Canada- London

This is a round trips which we think is most reasonable travel tikets
and most comfortable, convenient airlines.

My Application was refused / rejected for reasons pasted at the end of this topic
The visa officer only tick BELOW

1. You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirement of regulation 179, that you would leave canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorized to stay. In reaching this decision I considered your ties to your country of residence / citizenship balanced against factors whoch might motivate you to stay in canada.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh dear Josephineso well it certainly sounds like the Canadian High Commission has got a lot worse since my husband applied for a visitor's visa there in April 2008. I put his application in the drop box and he received his passport and visa back within one week - no refusal! My husband is due to apply for a British passport in March next year but if that does not arrive fairly quickly then he may need to apply for another visitor's visa for Canada as we would like to go on holiday there next June. Lets hope the Canadian High Commission has not gone completely downhill by then and are charging even higher fees for the pleasure! Hopefully they will see that my husband got a visitor's visa in May 2008 and returned back the UK after using it or even better still, hopefully his application for British Citizenship will be approved and he won't even need to bother with applying for a visa to visit Canada!

What are u planning to do Josephineso, reapply? Best of luck if so!

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 am

getting visitor visa for canada is almost impossible if u belong to certain countries especially Pakistan, India, bangladesh, sri lanka ...

i know many people being refused having a good travel history.

pakistani national having permanent residence status in norway, with a good job own house and family in norway was refused.

pakistani national who has visited UK , USA , Schengen , UAE many times was refused from paksitan.

indian national having UK work permit and a good job was refused from London.

indian national with UK indefinite leave to remain with a good job was refused from London.

All were refused and reason was same , no intention to come back :D ...

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

nasirpk wrote:getting visitor visa for canada is almost impossible if u belong to certain countries especially Pakistan, India, bangladesh, sri lanka ...

i know many people being refused having a good travel history.

pakistani national having permanent residence status in norway, with a good job own house and family in norway was refused.

pakistani national who has visited UK , USA , Schengen , UAE many times was refused from paksitan.

indian national having UK work permit and a good job was refused from London.

indian national with UK indefinite leave to remain with a good job was refused from London.

All were refused and reason was same , no intention to come back :D ...

hi ya mate,
then what are the possible ways to satisfy them that we are returning residents,what documentation we should submit or what kinda ties they are act looking for which can prove that you will come back to your country from canada?
thnx
best regards
dan

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

TRV refused on paki passport now British citizen

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 am

Hi guys i need your opinion please......

I am pakistani born - came to the UK with Indefinte to Enter since 2002 have been livin here in uk and i have visited serveral schengen countries by taking tourist visas on 3 different occasions from- italy,germany,spain
just December 2009 i was refused TRV to canada and i havnt been happy ever since, reason for my refusal was as general as most peoples are: ''''''You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirement of regulation 179, that you would leave canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorized to stay. In reaching this decision I considered your ties to your country of residence / citizenship balanced against factors whoch might motivate you to stay in canada '''''

i have been in college and currently in uni, have been livin here with my parents both british b4 i came to england
In my TRV i submitted all relevant docs - and i mean all relevant docs for myself and my parents mortages and so on - buh ooh well was refused!!!

Main Question is Since refusal In December 2009, i have naturalised and now have my british passport. Now i want to visit canada for 2weeks on my new British passport

Do i need to apply for a TRV visa since i have been refused b4??
Do i need a visa at all?
Will i get trouble if i travel to canada with my new British passport?? since i was previously refued in my paki passports???

Any info will be greatly appreciated guys

thanks

jes2jes wrote:I am very sorry to hear of all your visa refusal and rejections by CIC London. I do not think there is any prejudice going on in issuing visa's to particular nationalities (I may be wrong :oops: )

I have visited Canada for more than 5-6 times whilst on Student visa in the UK and had no problems getting a visa at anytime. I did not even send invitation letters just emails and bank statements and I wasn't married then.

The important factors to look for which are very important are:

- Your social ties in the UK (Family, property, money, work etc)
- Your travel history. Before I came to the UK, I had travelled to alot of places in Europe and the America's. There was nothing to show I would not come back when I go to Canada.

What you should note is that, if you are single and do not have any strong ties in the UK and do not have any strong links in your home country, there is no reason you would return from Canada (in the mind of the officer) because your property can be sold in your absence etc

After getting married a couple of years back, I have successfully visited CND so many times with my wife without any issues. We still have unexpired visas for Canada I believe.

My advise, take a couple of trips to the Shengen states for the next two or three months and also get a US visa if you can (it helps a tremendous deal). Re-apply with all the supporting documents and you would be amazed at the results.

All the best. This is just my two cents.

Regards
Jes