ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Non applying children and TB Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

FLR (M) Non applying children and TB Test

Post by limey10 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am

Hi All,

It's time to apply for the extension to my wife's Spouse Visa and I have a few questions for the knowledgeable crowd here.

First - A non applying children issue. I have 2 children from a previous marriage who are all grown up and living their lives away from me. One still lives with her mother and the other has a partner and children of her own.

FLR(M) asks for details of non applying children that include birth certificates, travelling outside of the country, utility bills, letters from courts; most of which I quite simply cannot obtain, particularly from my ex-wife.

The first question on the form asks my (current) wife if she has any non applying children under the age of 18. However, when it comes to me (as her partner), it does not specify "under 18".

Does this requirement only apply for children under 18?

Second - TB test for extension. Does my wife have to provide a TB test certificate at this stage? Apart from a few holidays, she has not been out of the country in the last 2 and a half years.

All replies gratefully received.

Regards, Phil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Non applying children and TB Test

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:29 am

It applies to children who are UNDER 18 years of age.

Wife does not need a TB test.

You should note though the English test requirement changed last year and she now needs A2 and not A1, if she is not exempt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: FLR (M) Non applying children and TB Test

Post by limey10 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi CR001

That's great news.

Yes, we attended for the new English test already. Fastest 150 pounds we ever spent for the shortest 10 minute interview ever!

Another nice little money spinner for the Home Office :-)

Thanks, Phil