ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI lost my documents/stated I wasn’t misssing evidence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

UKVI lost my documents/stated I wasn’t misssing evidence

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi all... first post here,

So a couple of days ago I recieved most but not all of my naturalisation application supporting documents but not all, along with it a cover letter stating that I did not provide evidence for knowledge of English and life in the UK.

The documents that weren’t returned was my Cambridge Advance English certificate (original) and my life in the UK pass certificate. Both of these were sent with the document sign off sheet provided by the online application for naturalisation.

These were 110% percent sent in the same parcel on special delivery as I was in the PO triple checking through all my documents.

My only conclusion was that UKVI have lost a couple of my documents.

I called a helpline for advice and a woman kindly advised me to write back to the Liverpool office explaining the situation and in detail describe the that the certificate was in a cardboard backed envelope etc (as I have explained to her). She also kindly gave me a call log number for reference.

So a hand written letter explaining everything, in as much detail, with cert reference and all was sent to UKVI Liverpool yesterday and now the wait to see what they say. My biggest fear is that they plead ignorance and say that they never recieved it, even though it was part of the package. Then it’s my word against theirs.

I was wondering if anyone else have had this issue and if anyone can suggest what else I should do in the mean time? I see that some have written to their local MP to chase up and all?

Thanks,

S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVI lost my documents/stated I wasn’t misssing evidence

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:54 pm

You don't get the LIUK test letter back, HO keeps this.

The English test you provided, is this test on the current HO approved test provider list or is it one you passed a few years ago?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:56 pm

STanasen wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi all... first post here,

So a couple of days ago I recieved most but not all of my naturalisation application supporting documents but not all, along with it a cover letter stating that I did not provide evidence for knowledge of English and life in the UK.

The documents that weren’t returned was my Cambridge Advance English certificate (original) and my life in the UK pass certificate. Both of these were sent with the document sign off sheet provided by the online application for naturalisation.

These were 110% percent sent in the same parcel on special delivery as I was in the PO triple checking through all my documents.

My only conclusion was that UKVI have lost a couple of my documents.

I called a helpline for advice and a woman kindly advised me to write back to the Liverpool office explaining the situation and in detail describe the that the certificate was in a cardboard backed envelope etc (as I have explained to her). She also kindly gave me a call log number for reference.

So a hand written letter explaining everything, in as much detail, with cert reference and all was sent to UKVI Liverpool yesterday and now the wait to see what they say. My biggest fear is that they plead ignorance and say that they never recieved it, even though it was part of the package. Then it’s my word against theirs.

I was wondering if anyone else have had this issue and if anyone can suggest what else I should do in the mean time? I see that some have written to their local MP to chase up and all?

Thanks,

S
Hoping you made copies of everything you sent?

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:54 pm
You don't get the LIUK test letter back, HO keeps this.

The English test you provided, is this test on the current HO approved test provider list or is it one you passed a few years ago?
It raises alarms for them to then say it was not provided?

The English test taken was this http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-a ... /advanced/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Is it an IELTS SELT Consortium test??

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ntres_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 2:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Is it an IELTS SELT Consortium test??

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ntres_.pdf
Yes, lower part of the list on the first page. But the one I took was organised at my local university and at the time of taking it this was the way it was to be done and not through IELTS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes, I do see it but I asked if it was definitely IELTS SELTS Consortium test or another one like PTE or ESOL etc.

When did you take the test?

You have no posting history so difficult to understand your immigration route etc in the UK where some routes require mandatory tests and others don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 pm

If you click the IELTS link, it doesn't give the centre you used. They all come up as British Council.

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find- ... ngdom/ukvi
Char (CR001 not Casa)

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 2:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 pm
If you click the IELTS link, it doesn't give the centre you used. They all come up as British Council.

https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find- ... ngdom/ukvi
Hi,

My test was booked in Dec 2014, but they did not sit me in my exams until May/June. Looking at what you said and looking through guidance online now it seems that this was all changed in May of 2015? Prior to this change, what I took was on the list for sure as it’s ESOL and CEFR C1. I was not aware of the change until now, otherwise I wouldn’t have taken the test.

This may explain why it may not provide evidence but then where’s the certificate now?

I’ll try and provide some more details later, but it’s looking like I’m having to do another set of tests. 🤔

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm

ESOL has not been accepted since November 2015 I think. For this reason, your test would have been disregarded.

Do you have ILR under the UK immigration rules or PR under the EU route rules??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 4:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm
ESOL has not been accepted since November 2015 I think. For this reason, your test would have been disregarded.

Do you have ILR under the UK immigration rules or PR under the EU route rules??
Hi,

Yeah, I have ILR which was just recently put on a BRP.

A bit about myself I am a Thai born national who came to the UK in 2003. I’m 23 now and in the past few years I’ve been trying to nationalise as a British citizen as I’ve not left the country since or intend to go back to Thailand. This is because I have a career, family, etc here in the UK (my stepfather is British).

It is a bit of a bummer that it looks like I’ll have to do the test again even though it was booked and completed whilst it was valid with the intention of naturalising. It was the time spent acquiring a BRP that greatly delayed my application. But obviously I don’t make the rules.

However it still doesn’t explain why I didn’t receive my certificate for the Cambridge English exam as part of what was returned to me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Not sure why you applied for a BRP card as this was not required for Citizenship and your ILR in your passport would have been sufficient.

Likely not returned as it was not valid. Suggest contact them to enquire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Not sure why you applied for a BRP card as this was not required for Citizenship and your ILR in your passport would have been sufficient.

I had to apply for a BRP as proof for my right to work (as requested by my work place after a HR review). I also moved out and into a place of my own. The referencing agency did not accept my old passport so this was used for that too.

I have contacted them but am awaiting a reply. Even if it's not valid surely it is still my property and not theirs to keep?

STanasen
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by STanasen » Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Also, have you got any suggestions in regards to keeping up to date with the changes that occurs with requirements etc?