ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) queriesfor Tier 1 General dependant applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parimala

Maintenance Funds for ILR for Tier 1 general dependant

Post by Parimala » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen and my husband is applying for ILR as a tier 1 general dependant.
We are using SET(O) form and can’t seem to find any maintenance requirements. Is there any maintenance requirements for this category?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance Funds for ILR for Tier 1 general dependant

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 am

There is no maintenance fund requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parimala

Continuous Residence (180 days period requirement) forTier 1 General Dependant applying for ILR

Post by Parimala » Thu May 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi,

My husband has completed his 5 years in the UK on Tier 1 General Dependant visa ( Entry to the UK :18/3/2013, First Extension in 2014, Second Extension 10/5/2017 -valid until 10-5-2020).He is now applying for ILR
There is a section is SET(O) form which is confusing , could someone clarify this. Is he required to fill the dates that he was absent from UK ( given that his last grant of leave was given in May 2017).

6.13 Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted
since 11 January 2018? If yes, go to next question. If no, go to section 7.
6.14 Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
Yes No
If yes give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the
spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space,
continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continuous Residence (180 days period requirement) forTier 1 General Dependant applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:17 pm

The absence limits do not apply to dependent visa issued before 11th January 2018.

Kindly also keep all your ILR questions in this topic (both topics now merged) and refrain from posting in the Tier 1 Genera Dependent sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Parimala

Re: Continuous Residence (180 days period requirement) forTier 1 General Dependant applying for ILR

Post by Parimala » Thu May 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you.

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Thu May 03, 2018 2:28 pm

I had another question regarding the below finances questionaire in section 12 of set (o) form.
There isn't a Maintenance requirement for Tier 1 General PBS dependants applying for ILR, should we still answer this question. I mean does this imply of maintenance funds? We have completed only section 5.1 to 5.5 ( about property, work and not claiming any benefits)

Your Finances
For all applicants except those applying in the bereaved partner category.
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building
society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to
maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

Parimala

SET (O) queriesfor Tier 1 General dependant applying for ILR

Post by Parimala » Thu May 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi,

My huband who is on PBS dependant visa (tier 1 General) is now applying for ILR. I have a question on completing section 6. Since he is applying separately ( I already have British citizenship), should he complete section 6.1 to 6.11 ( considering himseld as main applicant) or should he complete section 6.12 onwards ( which is specifically for dependants).

Ex:

section 6.1 reads as follows
6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
D D M M Y Y Y Y
6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.

And section 6.12 states this:

Please complete this section for all dependants who are applying.
Photocopy this page if necessary.
6.12 When did you (the dependant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
D D M M Y Y Y Y
6.13 Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any l

Thank you,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:17 pm
Kindly also keep all your ILR questions in this topic (both topics now merged) and refrain from posting in the Tier 1 Genera Dependent sub forum.
See also Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (O) queriesfor Tier 1 General dependant applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Your husband is the main applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Thu May 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Since he is on PBS dependant visa, should he still answer the below question? Should he provide letter from employer for annual leaves? He has not crossed 180 days limit in any year.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those
applying under:
• Tier 1 (General)
• Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
• Tier 2 (General)
• Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
• Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
• Tier 5 International Agreement
• Permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants
If you are in one of these categories, you must not have had absences from the UK of more
than 180 days in any 12 months. For settlement applications made from 11 January 2018, we
consider absences from the UK on a rolling basis, rather than in separate consecutive 12-month
periods. If you believe that this change would cause you exceptionally harsh consequences, you
must set out the reasons in a letter.
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?
Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate
reasons
Letter from applicant detailing any exceptionally harsh consequences to them caused by the
change in the way absences from the UK are counted
Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
Other
If you have ticked ‘Other’, please briefly specify below what evidence you have provided. Please
note only evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:02 pm

6.3 is NOT relevant to PBS Dependents as the form clearly states.

No he does not need an absence letter from his employer.

The 180 absence limit does not apply to him.
Char (CR001 not Casa)