ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax amendment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fivem
Egypt

ILR for self empolyeed

Post by Fivem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:47 am

Hi to everyone.
i am in my second period of spouse visa flr(m) for 5 years route.I am planning to orgnise my paper for ILR .I have some question regarding finacial requirement for self empolyedd as my wife who is my sponsor is music teacher and she teaching at home:
- I beleive we need to have income more than £ 18600 for the last finacial year.
-submitt the same finacial documents as for the FLR(m) which contain self assessments paper and sa302 for the last finacial year.
- I read in some site that i need to submit 5 years of sa302 showing not less than £ 18600 fir each year .is that correct.
I hope to hear from anyone who gone through this for ILR as self empolyeed.thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for self empolyeed

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 am

If you work and meet the requirement on your own, you can use your income. It does not have to be your sponsoring spouses' income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 am

Thank you CR001 for your reply unfortunately i am not working at the moments.my concern about the 5 years sa302 is it mandatory to submit them or this only apply for other visa categories.thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:09 am

When exactly do you qualify for ILR?

Your previous posts suggests you have only recently applied for an extension??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:14 am

Hi, i will apply for it in September 2020.jusi i posted this to be aware about the requirements.i do not want problem in future.thank you again..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 am

You need to meet the financial requirements for the year or 6 months prior to your ILR application.

If you get a job earning the required level, you can apply using your income only.

Any of the rules can change before you qualify for ILR. You will need to check nearer the time what they are and plan accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:34 am

Thank you CR001 again for your kind reply.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi..Has anyone gone through the process of ILR as sole trade self employed with regard to the financial requirements.please help me with the list of these requirements.thank you

Fivem
Egypt

Tax amendment

Post by Fivem » Thu May 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi i am in five years route for spouse visa. I will apply for Ilr set m after two years from now . My wife which is my sponsor is self employed needs to amend her tax return for the years 2014-2015 to include class4 national insurance contribution.is this amendment will effect my future application for ilr.just to clearify that the amount of income for that year decleard to home office still the same as decleard to hmrc.the change will be adding the class 4 amount to be paid to hmrc. Your help will be appreciated.thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax amendment

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Why are you concerned about tax amendments?? It is not a relevant issue for spouse visas to ILR. It is specific to the Tier 1 General visa categories to ILR that the problems occurred.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Fivem
Egypt

Re: Tax amendment

Post by Fivem » Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you CR001 for your reply.I posted this to be in safe side and get some piece of mind as i see many issues about tax amendment but as you said mostly for tier 1 .thank you again .