ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency questions (salary + fees)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cariie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Permanent residency questions (salary + fees)

Post by Cariie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 am

Hi all,

I am a French National who might need to apply for permanent residency. I know settled status opens next year, and I would wait for that, but my employer has asked that I look into applying soon for something, so I am doing so.
Just a few quick questions:
    I have been working for 5 years (arrived in the UK in Sept 2010 to continue studies), but the first year I was part time on a 0 hour contract, my P60 shows just over £4000, and I have payslips to show that I worked regularly (almost every weeks). The subsequent year is over minimum wage, the last 3 years are average wage. Could the first year be a problem? Could they refuse because that is not enough money?
      Secondly, the fees, I would like to make sure that I have everything right. There is:

* The £65 application fees.
      * European passport return service fees, listed at £20 + postage by my local authority (I need my passport in the next 6 months)
      * Adding a special delivery envelope with the documents for them to return them rather than normal post.
      * And if I understand well I don't need to submit biometrics infos because I am a member of the EEA?

Any other fees that I have missed?

Could you please also enlighten me about the European passport return service. I can't find on internet if they need any additional documents to prove the passport in itself, or if they just look at it on its own. And also, it seem that you bring all your application supporting documents with you (wage slips, P60, etc) and the whole documents pack, included certified passport copy is sent. Does it mean if you need special delivery you can chose to pay so too?

Thank you for your help.

faughan
      Newly Registered
      United Kingdom

Re: Permanent residency questions (salary + fees)

Post by faughan » Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Following, as in one year I only made £5-ish K because I work as casual and also was unemployed for three months and not in receipt of benefits.

tmonaghan
      Mood:
      United Kingdom

Re: Permanent residency questions (salary + fees)

Post by tmonaghan » Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 am

Regardless of how long you have been living in the UK you will still have to apply for your settled status... Do you want to pay twice? If you don't mind and your employer is asking for it, perhaps applying now for your PR may be what you need... In addition students are not expected to work full time during the period of their studies for as long as you can show that you studied and worked part time during that year...