ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with posting An forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Help with posting An forms

Post by Lalamama1997 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello
Help me please guys
Me and my sister have spent 10 years in uk and had ilr for a year now , we r soon going to apply for british citizenship (adult naturalisation )

Can we send our forms together in one envelop or should we send it separately?

And should we write a cover letter or not ,

I don't know how this website works , I don't kknow if I'm posting on the right section.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Help with posting An forms

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm
Hello
Help me please guys
Me and my sister have spent 10 years in uk and had ilr for a year now , we r soon going to apply for british citizenship (adult naturalisation )

I don't know how this website works , I don't kknow if I'm posting on the right section.
Nationality checking service is recommended, if you are willing to pay a small sum of money you can keep your travel documents with you thus you can travel during the application.

It is available in most of the local councils and you can use this service any council you like.

You don't need cover letter except you have something special related to your application needed to inform the caseworker.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am
Lalamama1997 wrote:
Hello
Help me please guys

Nationality checking service is recommended, if you are willing to pay a small sum of money you can keep your travel documents with you thus you can travel during the application.

It is available in most of the local councils and you can use this service any council you like.

You don't need cover letter except you have something special related to your application needed to inform the caseworker.
And if you are not using NCS, your should be able to send your documents together with 2 separate applications if you are using the same address.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am
Lalamama1997 wrote:
Hello
Help me please guys

Thanks for ur help
Where can I get help with filling out some questions on british citezenship form , I mean which section should I go and ask help with filling out the application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 pm
Thanks for ur help
Where can I get help with filling out some questions on british citezenship form , I mean which section should I go and ask help with filling out the application ?
You can ask on the forum in this topic and we will help you. You can also read the AN Guidance notes and the AN Booklet.

NCS/NDRS won't help you complete the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Below r the questions I need help with ,
Spent 10 years in uk and had ilr for one year

1. Give any reference number used in immigration applicatiom, what should I write
2. Provide addresses foir past 5 years ? I spent more than 5 years in current home address should I leave it blank?
3. It says write ur life in the uk test number? Should I write the Test Instance ID #
4. Write ur mother full name and maiden name , . Can I write full name only with out maiden name ?
5. Provide selt unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body,, ,, my test was awarded by Trinity college London so what number should write from my certificate , there's qualification number , uer long number and candidate number , so what should I exactly write,

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

1. Give any reference number used in immigration applicatiom, what should I write
Ref numbers of your previous immigration applications. If you do not remember, leave blank, add other details like date and location of where visa was issued
2. Provide addresses foir past 5 years ? I spent more than 5 years in current home address should I leave it blank? You do not have to
3. It says write ur life in the uk test number? Should I write the Test Instance ID # yes
4. Write ur mother full name and maiden name , . Can I write full name only with out maiden name ?
they requested for maiden name, so add it
5. Provide selt unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body,, ,, my test was awarded by Trinity college London so what number should write from my certificate , there's qualification number , uer long number and candidate number , so what should I exactly write,
Not sure of this one

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 pm
Lalamama1997 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Ref numbers of your previous immigration applications. If you do not remember, leave blank, add other details like date and location of where visa was issued
2. Provide addresses foir past 5 years ? I spent more than 5 years in current home address should I leave it blank? You do not have to
3. It says write ur life in the uk test number? Should I write the Test Instance ID # yes
they requested for maiden name, so add it
you should write the number started with TCL, uer long number (including TCL)
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks guys for ur help

Also is it possible if the referee section is done by same two referee ,
Like can a professional and another british passport holder referee fills out the referee section for Me and My sister

Is it okay if the two referees are same for me and my sister ?

Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm
Thanks guys for ur help

Also is it possible if the referee section is done by same two referee ,
Like can a professional and another british passport holder referee fills out the referee section for Me and My sister

Is it okay if the two referees are same for me and my sister ?

Thanks
Should be fine.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Hello guys

I don't have any letters to show evidence of residence in uk apart from my passport,

So can I use my passport for proof of residence for the last 10 years spent in uk
I'm applying for british citizenship .

In case they ask for more or different type of residence proof then what else should I submit , because I don't study, work n havent used my bank account forr many years , Bcz my family supports me.?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Hello guys

I don't have any letters to show evidence of residence in uk apart from my passport,

So can I use my passport for proof of residence for the last 10 years spent in uk
I'm applying for british citizenship .

In case they ask for more or different type of residence proof then what else should I submit , because I don't study, work n havent used my bank account forr many years , Bcz my family supports me.?
You only need to proof your residence for the past 5 yrs and not 10 yrs. Your international passport covering the last 5 yrs should be fine if you are a non EEA national.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks for the help

Also in section 7.6 it says I understand that a certificate of xitizenship may be withdrawn if it is found to have been obrained by fraud false representation ,,,,,,,,, or if on the basis of my Conduct the home secretry considers it to be conducive to the public good,?
Should I tick or leave blank , my solicitor ticked for my mother application and I read somewhere in this site some one says leave it blank

And since I'm not working can I just write Unemployed ?
And I did a small mistake I wrote 16 in one box (then crossed the six and left the number 1 ) instead of writing in 1 and then 6 in two boxes for section 2.2,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm

7.6 - tick to confirm you understand the statement.

Unemployed - yes, you don't need to work to apply

Mistake - no issue if it is clear what you intended to say.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm
7.6 - tick to confirm you understand the statement.

Unemployed - yes, you don't need to work to apply

Mistake - no issue if it is clear what you intended to say.
Thanks

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello

My referee for bcz AN form signed the photo which he shouldn't but it was my mistake I didn't have glue available at that time and so couldn't stick it and so basically the photo was in the same bag as the referee pages and the professional signed and dated so what should I do , should I just cross it with pen, I don't have more photos available with me

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Lalamama1997 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Hello

My referee for bcz AN form signed the photo which he shouldn't but it was my mistake I didn't have glue available at that time and so couldn't stick it and so basically the photo was in the same bag as the referee pages and the professional signed and dated so what should I do , should I just cross it with pen, I don't have more photos available with me
Add ur name and DOB so that they will know that it belongs to you incase there is a mix up.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 pm
Lalamama1997 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Hello

Add ur name and DOB so that they will know that it belongs to you incase there is a mix up.
Thanks for ur reply ,
I already done that but underneath my referee signed and dated back of the photo , is okay if I cross it

Also my other referee just messed up the referee section.
For example he said ""I know the applicant (name )
For 8 years"". He then wrote age 32 and profession OUTSIDE the box with some messy inky pen saying "my profession is ..... and on page 22 (empty page ) he wrote I know this person as family friend
he's an educated person but still made some dumb mistakes like he should'be just written , shes family friend , my age is 32 , profession ... instead of writing sentences.

Please help I can't take tell him to do it again as my professional referee already filled his details

So is it okay if he wrote outside the box , the box was small
Please help

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Left to me, I will just ask the referee to complete another form. For an application that cost over £1200, try not to take risks. You can take a chance and submit. If HO are not satisfied with your referee, they will request another. Its entirely up to you.

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks for ur reply

I don't know really what to do , it's not only one referee that I will have to ask again to do but the professional one as well

Lalamama1997
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Lalamama1997 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi
What's the correct home office address for sending bcz Adult naturalisation application ?

1. Managed migration nationality group
Po box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

2. Ukvi
Department 1
The capital
New hall place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Thanks

Hstepper07