ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIE Extension Sharing my interview experience

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Itpkai
Newly Registered

T1E extension due Aug.. no NI for an employee

Post by Itpkai » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi All

I am due for extension next month. One of my employee doesn't have an NI number, he worked for me to 6 months ( Jan to Jun).

My accountant says I can hire someone without NI number also it's up the employee to get an NI and let me know , fair enough. It makes sense from an accountant point of view. My question is from a Home office point of view will it matter. Based on what I understand case worker will cross check the deatils with HMRC and with no NI the process might get delayed. I have been paying NI and Paye regularly . So if I get a letter from HMRC with the employee's PAYE contributions to date will it suffice.

Any advice is appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: T1E extension due Aug.. no NI for an employee

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm

It is fine as it is perfectly legal to hire such person and it will not have an effect on your visa. However I suggest you better demand such an employee to apply and get an NI asap
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Itpkai
Newly Registered

TIE 2nd Document request letter from UKVI

Post by Itpkai » Thu May 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Hi,

I am on £200k route. I have received a letter asking to submit additional documents..

FYI Timeline
Initial Grant - May 2014
Extension submitted 9th Aug 2017,
Bio done 23rd Aug 2017.
Called UKVI call center on 03rd April 2018 got the standard (useless) response
1st letter from UKVI 11th April asking for additional PAYE documents
2nd letter from UKVI 02nd May as below
No complex letter

Letter states.
"....In reference to your letter dated 23rd April 2018, thank you for the evidence that you have supplied. You are correct in saying that you have supplied documentation relating to Para 46 SD (h)(i) of the immigration rules. however you did not provide the specified documentation in relation to Para 46 SD (h)(i)(2), which states
(h) if the applicant is required to score points for job creation in Table 5 or Table 6, he must provide the following:
(i) evidence to show the applicant is reporting Pay As You Earn (PAYE ) income tax appropriately to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and has done so for the full period of employment for which points are being claimed, as follows:
(2) for reporting from 6 October 2013 onwards, printouts of Real Time-Full Payment Submissions which confirm the report of PAYE income tax to HMRC.

The evidence in (1) or (2) above must show the total payments made to the settled workers as well as the tax deducted and date which they started work with the applicant’s business........"

I had already supplied the relevant documents along with my Extension application
In my reply to the 1st letter I have submitted the same PAYE documents along with
1) HMRC PAYE payment confirmation email
2) FPS Submisison acknowledgement email from my accountant
3) Cover letter explaining my standpoint and addressing their queries

Note: My FPS doesn't include employee start/leave dates as the software used by my accountant doesn't include them, for this i had included the employee starter checklist (replacement of P46) and an HMRC PAYE/NIC summary of individual employees that mentions their start dates/ leaving dates etc. along my extension application.

For this letter, I have requested my accountant to send me XML files (or source files) for all the FPS submissions, these includes the start and end dates and planning highlight and send them.

My Question
Are they looking at a specific document (i.e. FPS that includes start date) or they requiring to see that I am reporting PAYE TAX to HRMC
I am not sure what more do I do? any assistance would be helpful please.

Thanks

friend87
Newly Registered

Re: TIE 2nd Document request letter from UKVI

Post by friend87 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:40 pm

Have you provided the FPS report showing gross pay along with any deduction (each month)? If yes then contact them saying that you have provided the relevant information. Appendix A 46SD is now obsolete it has been covered under para 46 now

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri May 04, 2018 6:49 am

Itpkai wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:20 pm

I had already supplied the relevant documents along with my Extension application
In my reply to the 1st letter I have submitted the same PAYE documents along with
1) HMRC PAYE payment confirmation email
2) FPS Submisison acknowledgement email from my accountant
3) Cover letter explaining my standpoint and addressing their queries
This does not seem to include the actual FPS itself and the clause quoted also refers to the FPS.

So, yes, send the FPS documents and consider yourself lucky they did not refuse the extension outright.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:44 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:49 am
So, yes, send the FPS documents and consider yourself lucky they did not refuse the extension outright.
As marcnath quoted, consider yourself lucky (I would say extremely lucky that they sent you two letters). People receiving even 1 letter (and not rejection) are probably rare.

and yes, send them the FPS they need. As you mentioned
I have requested my accountant to send me XML files (or source files) for all the FPS submissions, these includes the start and end dates and planning highlight and send them.

is the correct step forward.

Sample FPS format, if you can arrange (else, highlighting in xml should also do):
http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/pm/de ... 47x957.png
-- Kaps84

Itpkai
Newly Registered

Post by Itpkai » Fri May 04, 2018 12:09 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:49 am

This does not seem to include the actual FPS itself and the clause quoted also refers to the FPS.

kaps84 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:44 am

and yes, send them the FPS they need. As you mentioned
I have requested my accountant to send me XML files (or source files) for all the FPS submissions, these includes the start and end dates and planning highlight and send them.

is the correct step forward.

Sample FPS format, if you can arrange (else, highlighting in xml should also do):
http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/pm/de ... 47x957.png
I had already submitted the FPS showing the gross pay and deductions each month (expect the start and end dates) along with extension and the 1st letter.

Now will it be ok if I arrange for the FPS in their desired format with start dates etc.. Will this not create a confusion given that I had already submitted the FPS documents in a different format and twice.

I am planning to include the XML file highlighting the dates and hoping to get a positive result.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Ok. Then it is not clear what they require.
They are obviously quoting from the immigration rules in place when you applied, so maybe they are expecting the start date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Itpkai
Newly Registered

Post by Itpkai » Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm
They are obviously quoting from the immigration rules in place when you applied, so maybe they are expecting the start date.

Question One of my employee joined May 2016 (for which I am claiming points for job creation). I moved with my current accountant from Jun 2016. He has provided me with the source files/XML files from June 2016 onwards. for May XML files, My previous accountant has deleted my company profile from his software to avoid subscription fee :roll: , so he cant retrieve the files for me. Given this i cant show the start date for this employee (no XML File). I can get a letter from the previous accountant stating the company profile was deleted etc etc.

Also as asked previously "Will it be ok if I arrange for the FPS in their desired format with start dates etc.. Will this not create a confusion given that I had already submitted the FPS documents in a different format and twice?"

Any suggestions plz.. I think this will be my last short before a decision is made.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat May 05, 2018 11:49 am

Itpkai wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 am
marcnath wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Question One of my employee joined May 2016 (for which I am claiming points for job creation). I moved with my current accountant from Jun 2016. He has provided me with the source files/XML files from June 2016 onwards. for May XML files, My previous accountant has deleted my company profile from his software to avoid subscription fee :roll: , so he cant retrieve the files for me. Given this i cant show the start date for this employee (no XML File). I can get a letter from the previous accountant stating the company profile was deleted etc etc.

Also as asked previously "Will it be ok if I arrange for the FPS in their desired format with start dates etc.. Will this not create a confusion given that I had already submitted the FPS documents in a different format and twice?"

Any suggestions plz.. I think this will be my last short before a decision is made.
I am still confused by their request given that you have submitted the documents before.
If I were in your place, I would stick to the original documents and keep it consistent, add the accountant's letter confirming the start date and inability to access old documents. Add the P46 for additional evidence on start date.
I can't see them refusing the application based on the FPS not having the start date, especially given they have removed the requirement now.

Itpkai
Newly Registered

TIE Extension Sharing my interview experience

Post by Itpkai » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am

All,

I don't have any questions but thought of sharing my experience on the interview conducted on my business premises today hoping this might give you insight on what to expect from my point.

FYI Timeline
Initial Grant - May 2014
Bio done 23rd Aug 2017.
2nd letter from UKVI 02nd May asking pretty much the same details
Called UKVI call center on 26th July 2018
Call for interview on the 9th Aug. (CLOSE TO 6 HOURS)
No complex letter

90% Questions were generic and have been Similar to the ones shared in the group already, rest related specific to my business.

After reading a few posts in the group around bad experiences with the interviews and about officers being rude etc, I must admit i was a little nervous for the interview as I had been for about a year now as too much was at stake.

2 compliance officers had come for interview, one was the interviewer the other was an observant.
Both were real nice and gave me enough time to explain all the queries.

Note: It is a opportunity for us to provide as much information as we can in support of our application, i.e. to prove that you a a genuine business/ entrepreneur.

My observations

1. The interview lasted 6 hours and the compliance officer had around 60 questions on his checklist. This sounds a lot but some of the questions does make sense. The officer will slowly write down everything that will come out of your mouth. (i mean everything, even a "well yes" or a " hmm i dont think so".... etc). So be careful on what you say as once they write they wont amend it and i think this might creates unnecessary confusion when the notes are sent to the case officer.

2. Another important point is have all your documents at your premises, it really helps. for all the document i presented the officer made notes stating "documents presented/shown when asked for". I have read a few posts on the board that visa was rejected due to documents not shown at the time of the interview.

3. its better if you are aware of your business figures, sales etc, employee salary, joining leaving dates, clients adresses, invoice dates accounts etc etc... i know it a big task but i had memorized them as much as I can prior to the interview, you will be given a opportunity to look thought your emails or dcuments and provide those details ( no harm) but this goes in the notes stating "details provided by looking at the document". All i am saying is these notes will be sent to the case officer and we dont know how he will interpret. We all have invested time and money so taking this step shouldnt be a concern

4. I was impressed by a few questions that the case officer had really done his homework and researched my business and my employees in details. like looked up my employes on LinkedIn and questions around that (these were specific to my business so cant provide further details), {{So if you are a genuine business then you will have answers}}

I have been asked to send further documents, hoping for the best.

Gud Luck

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: TIE Extension Sharing my interview experience

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:57 am

Appreciate your sharing the experience for the benefit of other. But please do not start new posts. I have merged all your posts now

Ahmed835
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmed835 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

Hello
What kind of business do you have and is it in profit ?

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm

@Itpkai, Thanks for your observations.

Could you please let us know the nature of your business?
And if you had employees during the interview and were they asked any questions?
-- Kaps84

Itpkai
Newly Registered

Post by Itpkai » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm
@Itpkai, Thanks for your observations.

Could you please let us know the nature of your business?
And if you had employees during the interview and were they asked any questions?
IT Consultancy, no both my employees are on summer vacation. On asking I provided the holiday tracker that we had maintained. we have one contract currently so I am managing them until my employees return.
Ahmed835 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am
Hello
What kind of business do you have and is it in profit ?
Profit all 3 years... there were questions on the breakdown on the profit & loss account.

marcnath wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:57 am
Appreciate your sharing the experience for the benefit of other. But please do not start new posts. I have merged all your posts now
Apologies and thanks will add on to the post going forward.

Itpkai
Newly Registered

TIE Extension Approved after 14 months 200k

Post by Itpkai » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Finally I have got my visa extension approval after nearly 14 months.

It was a real tough year and Thanks to this group for all the direct and indirect inputs.

My gentle Advise:
  • Follow the guidelines
    Dont include extra documents it might create unnecessary delay (keep it simple)
    Be Patient (very Imp)
FYI Timeline
Initial Grant - May 2014
Bio done 23rd Aug 2017.
2nd letter from UKVI 02nd May asking pretty much the same details
Called UKVI call center on 26th July 2018
Call for interview on the 9th Aug. (CLOSE TO 6 HOURS)
Contacted MP and they wrote a letter to UKVI on 01st Oct (not sure if that helped)
All documents and BRP received 17 Oct 2018