ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsored visa inform home office after made redundant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Job Redundant

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General visa. I am eligible to apply for ILR in mid august 2018 (I complete 5 years in mid september but considering I can apply one month before, I am saying mid august). But my current company made my job redundant and I have to leave job by end of June.

So I wont be getting July payslip from my current company which puts me at risk of loosing my ILR eligibility.

1) Wanted to know, since it is just matter of 1 to 2 months for ILR after redundancy, is there any execptional rule where I can make use of or getting new Tier 2 sponsor is the only way I can get my ILR?

2) And also, do I need to submit 3 months payslip and bank statement as required doucments for ILR application?

3) If i get new job where they can sponsor and I if I relocate then my address will be changed. So if i need to submit 3 months bank and payslip then should I wait for 3 months payslip from new company to get ILR?

Appreciate any help on this.
Dev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Job Redundant

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:31 am

1) Wanted to know, since it is just matter of 1 to 2 months for ILR after redundancy, is there any execptional rule where I can make use of or getting new Tier 2 sponsor is the only way I can get my ILR?
No there is no 'exceptional rule'. You must be employed with your sponsor and have the supporting documents, including letters and payslips to apply for ILR. If you still have time within the 6 year limit for Tier 2, you will need to find a new sponsor.
2) And also, do I need to submit 3 months payslip and bank statement as required doucments for ILR application?
One month payslip and bank statement is usually sufficient but most submit 3 months of each.
3) If i get new job where they can sponsor and I if I relocate then my address will be changed. So if i need to submit 3 months bank and payslip then should I wait for 3 months payslip from new company to get ILR?
Moving house/address is not a crime or deterrent to getting ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Job Redundant

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 am

Thank you very much for your reply. This is really helpful. :)

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 sponsored visa inform home office after made redundant

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,

Currenly I am on Tier 2 General visa. If my compnay make me redundant, I will get 1 month notice period to serve. My question here is, does my compnay inform Home Office(HO) at end of my notice period or within 10 days of my serving notice?

If they inform HO within 10 days then still my 60 days grace to stay in uk starts after my end of notice period right?

Regards,
Dev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 sponsored visa inform home office after made redundant

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am

does my compnay inform Home Office(HO) at end of my notice period or within 10 days of my serving notice?
Within 10 days after your LAST day of work.
If they inform HO within 10 days then still my 60 days grace to stay in uk starts after my end of notice period right?
It starts when you get the curtailment letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 11, 2018 10:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am
does my compnay inform Home Office(HO) at end of my notice period or within 10 days of my serving notice?
Within 10 days after your LAST day of work.
Is that mean company don't have to inform HO before my end of notice period that is, on 10th day of notice preriod?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 am

You company only needs to inform HO within 10 days AFTER you leave the company. Not in your notice period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am

Thank you very much for your help :)