ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeb17
United Kingdom

Re: Delay more than 6 months

Post by zeb17 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Got approval after 9 months was quiet stressful but finally got it.so guys just wait one it will come through post.

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Fri May 04, 2018 10:20 pm

shaftri wrote: โ†‘
Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 am
Hey guys,

I just received my approved letter today dated 24/04/2018. after been waiting almost a year since 09/05/2017.

Good luck, For those of you that are still waiting.
Wow Congratulations shaftri . I applied on 27th of April 2017 and still waiting. hopefully I will get it soon aswell .

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am

He everyone
I applied last year on .....25-July-2017
And still waiting more than... 9 months ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote: โ†‘
Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am
He everyone
Hi mrafgsharoon. Are you still waiting for the decision?

sas26
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by sas26 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi
any update on your Pre-action protocol or e-mails to the home office? :D

Jegz82 wrote: โ†‘
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm
Maxmilan wrote: โ†‘
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 am
Glbawi wrote: โ†‘
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 pm
Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed my their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
in the meantime, I applied for a SAR, and received the notes from my case!! I read it carefully and below are two notes, and my understanding is that no one has been assigned to consider my application!!
"note on 'Depart A' (I cannot say the name) does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with this applicants case" !! (this was following to me chasing them in June 17)
another note says
"as per note 14 December 2016 'Depart C' file forwarded to ------
Spoke to ---- ------- as note does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with the application
Advised to send email to an 'Depart B' team and request they forward the enquiry to the correct team if its not for them" !!

I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, advising that I will be sending a Pre-action protocol for "failure to make decision within reasonable time frame "

I will give an update if I hear anything!

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 am

Kurabor wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 pm
He everyone
Yes still waiting and I got my MP involved he is chasing HO
Let's see what happens now .

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 am
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 pm
He everyone
Yes still waiting and I got my MP involved he is chasing HO
Let's see what happens now .
Thanks for your reply. I am still waiting for the decision aswell. I applied on 27th of April 2017 .Same as u I am waiting for home office answer to my MP .they say that in 20 working days they gonna send the mp a letter. Hopefully we get good news.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am

I applied in August 2017 and still waiting, coming up to a year now. I involved the MP who wrote to the HO twice:

1) First letter, asking for an update and why it was delayed. The HO sent the exact same generic letter that they had sent to me previously, just copy-paste.

2) Second letter, asking for a time-frame for the decision to be made. Same thing, quite a generic letter with no specific information or insights.

All they say is 'checks are ongoing' and a decision will be made once they are completed. To be honest, I don't know what else we can do. They will not advise us what is happening, and from what I've read on this forum Pre-Action Protocol, etc doesn't help either as they stick to their guns. The only other thing I can think of is withdrawing the application and applying again, but that means losing all this money spent.

lisa1970
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by lisa1970 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi. I'm New to this site.

I applied for citizenship 6 months ago. I received a letter today saying they have assessed my case but cannot come to a decision within the 6 month period. They will make a decision as soon as possible.

Does this mean that theres something wrong or are they just behind with processing?

Feeling stressed.

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 pm

silverchloride wrote: โ†‘
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am
I applied in August 2017 and still waiting, coming up to a year now. I involved the MP who wrote to the HO twice:

1) First letter, asking for an update and why it was delayed. The HO sent the exact same generic letter that they had sent to me previously, just copy-paste.

2) Second letter, asking for a time-frame for the decision to be made. Same thing, quite a generic letter with no specific information or insights.

All they say is 'checks are ongoing' and a decision will be made once they are completed. To be honest, I don't know what else we can do. They will not advise us what is happening, and from what I've read on this forum Pre-Action Protocol, etc doesn't help either as they stick to their guns. The only other thing I can think of is withdrawing the application and applying again, but that means losing all this money spent.
Hi silverchloride . I have got same problem. I applied on 27th of April 2017 and they keep repeating same thing that they doing good character checks or they waiting for some enternal or external agency's to reply. I believe that they delay some cases deliberately. My mp contacted home office 4 times and also my solicitor but they keep repeating same thing. It's very frustrating.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 am

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 pm
Hi silverchloride . I have got same problem. I applied on 27th of April 2017 and they keep repeating same thing that they doing good character checks or they waiting for some enternal or external agency's to reply. I believe that they delay some cases deliberately. My mp contacted home office 4 times and also my solicitor but they keep repeating same thing. It's very frustrating.
Same... I try emailing them every month and get the same response. Even asked for a time-frame if nothing else but to no avail... If they just tell us that it is going to take a year more, than atleast we can relax and carry on with our life, as opposed to thinking about it every single day :( So frustrating!

This is the latest communication I recieved... Anyone else on a similar boat?

'Unfortunately there is little that I can add to the previous letter sent to you on X, regarding your application.

Careful consideration has to be given to each application for naturalisation in order to ensure that the statutary requirements are met. The processing of a naturalisation application is not subject to time limits. The Home Office strives to decide applications as quickly as they can.

The progress of these cases is regularly monitoried with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on behalf of the Home Office. It is only when the enquiries have been completed that a decision on whether citizenship should be granted can be reached.

As soon as our enquiries are completed, the Home Office will make a decision on your application and contact you immidiately.'

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.
I applied on 17/07/18
Past 6 months still waiting.

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 am

Hjalal wrote: โ†‘
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 pm
Hi everyone,
I applied on 17/07/18
Past 6 months still waiting.
Hi
Do u mind me asking whats ur immigration history like ... is it smooth clean ???? Time to consider BC also dependes on ur previous immigration history and good chracter

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm

First I had 3 years Visa then refugee status 5 years and then ILR for a year.

Been in the UK since 2007
No crime nothing.

Bighto678
BANNED
Greece

Post by Bighto678 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm

this is what every body think that no recored but most ppl done many thing and home office only take time on applicent who done some thing and home office have full recored even thay check outside country

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm
First I had 3 years Visa then refugee status 5 years and then ILR for a year.

Been in the UK since 2007
No crime nothing.
When you say 3 years Visa, is that a tourist visa, Tier 2 or 4 visa? Are there any gaps without a visa? The years don't seem to add up.

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 am

Discretionary leave to remain

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 am

After 3 years discretionary leave to remain Visa, I waited two years more than I got refugee status.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:27 am

It sounds like there was a period for which you were staying in the UK without a valid visa. If that period was less than 10 years before you submitted your application for citizenship, that can be a source of complexity.

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:28 am

I have stayed here legally. let's see what happens but to be honest they are just taking the p***
Thanks anyways โœŒ

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Nerazzuri wrote: โ†‘
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:27 am
It sounds like there was a period for which you were staying in the UK without a valid visa. If that period was less than 10 years before you submitted your application for citizenship, that can be a source of complexity.
Today I have received this email:
What does this mean?

Thank you for your e-mail. A communication will be has been posted to you, this can take up to 21 working days for you to receive.

Thank you

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

Bighto678
BANNED
Greece

Post by Bighto678 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Jlal you email them and thay have reply ok

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Communication has been posted mean I will get updates on my application or approval?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm
Communication has been posted mean I will get updates on my application or approval?
No one can possibly tell you what details the communication contains. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hjalal
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Hjalal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Frustrating