ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues due to non-permanent job length

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mub123
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Issues due to non-permanent job length

Post by mub123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi All,

I have been a silent visitor on this forum for sometime now and find it very useful in helping me prepare for my ILR which I will be eligible for next month. I need some help from people who have had time limited employment offers from their Tier 2 sponsors.

Timelines:
- I came to the UK in Oct 2008 on a Tier 4 student visa. Renewed it once and was on a Tier 4 until March 2013.
- I got my Tier 2 visa in April 2013 and have been working ever since for the same employer. However, my current Tier 2 was issued in August 2017 and it expires July 2018. This is due to my work end dates on my CoS from my sponsor. My employer on paper states that they need my services only until end of June 2018. I may or may not get an extension. However, if I were to apply for ILR start of April could it be refused on the basis that until end of June may not be deemed sufficient to satisfy the employer's requirement for the "foreseeable future".

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Issues due to non-permanent job length

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Do you meet the salary requirement for Tier 2 ILR application?

You need a letter from your employer stating the 'foreseeable future in job requirement and paid x salary for the foreseeable future'.

This letter is in addition to the absence letter you will need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mub123
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mub123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

You need a letter from your employer stating the 'foreseeable future in job requirement and paid x salary for the foreseeable future'.

Yes, salary is more than £35k before tax. I plan to ask for an absence letter.

My concern is that even if my employer were to put the phrase "foreseeable future" in their letter would it be enough to convince the caseworker. My current Tier 2 expires July because of my work end date and CW could argue that the duration is not long enough.

After doing a few searches on this forum I found that a few members previously raised similar questions. It seems like this problem is common in my field of work, research at UK universities, because of the time limited contracts

indefinite-leave-to-remain/t2g-to-ilr-c ... 17608.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tire-2-ilr-5 ... 15040.html

Is there a way to contact the two members who posted the above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 pm

mub123 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm
CR001 wrote:

My concern is that even if my employer were to put the phrase "foreseeable future" in their letter would it be enough to convince the caseworker. My current Tier 2 expires July because of my work end date and CW could argue that the duration is not long enough.

After doing a few searches on this forum I found that a few members previously raised similar questions. It seems like this problem is common in my field of work, research at UK universities, because of the time limited contracts

Neither of the original posters in the two topics have logged into the forum since mid 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Kindly refrain from digging up old topics from 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri May 04, 2018 11:15 pm

Congrats for your ILR :)
may I ask you when u get ur salary increment last? as in what the percentage and how many months before applying ILR ...that would be helpful if you answer as you are a successful applicant.

Thanks

mub123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

mub123
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mub123 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:54 am

GMO wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:15 pm
Congrats for your ILR :)
may I ask you when u get ur salary increment last? as in what the percentage and how many months before applying ILR ...that would be helpful if you answer as you are a successful applicant.

Thanks

mub123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

August 2017, 5%