ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship - can I travel?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mansi25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British citizenship - can I travel?

Post by Mansi25 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi

I am eligible to apply for naturalization on 23rd May. I understand that this process to get citizenship and eventually passport can take up to 6 months. Want to understand what travel restrictions I may have during this time. Can you confirm my understanding is correct -

1. I will apply for naturalization using the NCS service - which means I will continue to have my current passport with me - ok to travel during this point.

2. Once application is approved, I understand I have 21 days to book a ceremony in the next 3 months - ok to travel during this time?

3. Once I have attended the ceremony and received the citizenship certificate, I need to submit my BRP in 5 days and apply for passport which can take up to 6 weeks - cannot travel during this time.

Just want to check as wanted to plan my travels for the summer. As long as I don't travel after my citizenship ceremony until I receive my British passport, it should be ok?

Thanks for your help here!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship - can I travel?

Post by CR001 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 am

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.