ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghummy

spouse visa application question

Post by ghummy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:43 pm

hi, im a uk citizen and have been since birth, my fiance currently lives in zambia, we are getting married there next year. we are going to apply in lusaka for a spouse visa for her while i am there.
here is my situation. i am currently a student nurse and will be graduating at the end of next year.

i currently work 37.5 hours a week for the nhs as part of my training, we get paid for it but it is the same as working part time, i get £530 a month,

i have accomodation and council certificate that my house has enough space for another, i live with my mum, i do not pay rent. we will have a marriage certificate and a letter from me confirming my financial situation.
my mum will also be writing a certified letter stating that she does not request for me to pay rent and she is happy to host my wife.

i will be taking a years worth of bank statements with me to show all my savings and monthly income.

The only thing i am concerned about is the ability to support another, i know i can, i have savings of £63k, of which £18k is readily available at any given time, will this be enough to satisy the ECO. i have paper trailes leading to all the money. i have all the contracts from when the bank accounts were opened,

i get paid monthly by the NHS, however i do not get a monthly slip telling me how much i got, instead i get a yearly letter saying how much i get each month, and what date of the month i get it, can this be satisfactory evidence of income.

i will also be taking with me my passport, birth cirtificate and driving lisence for proof of address and citizenship.

any help with be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by ghummy on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:58 pm

anyone?

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:42 pm

come on guys, no one can help me here.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 pm

What is your question?

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:20 am

my question is

i get paid monthly by the NHS, however i do not get a monthly slip telling me how much i got, instead i get a yearly letter saying how much i get each month, and what date of the month i get it, can this be satisfactory evidence of income.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 am

ghummy wrote:my question is

You are legally obligated to receive a formal payslip from your employer, can't see the NHS not doing that.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 pm

no they cant do this until i am qualified, what i want to know is, will thi yearly letter get accepted as proof of income along with bank statements?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:08 pm

ghummy wrote:no they cant do this until i am qualified, what i want to know is, will thi yearly letter get accepted as proof of income along with bank statements?
Not true I'm afraid, if you are being paid you must receive a payslip by law, qualified or not.

Otherwise how do you know how much tax you have paid? what if the IR come after you for it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

a1isha
Newly Registered

Post by a1isha » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:51 pm

i agree with everyone else, you should get a payslip regardless of whether you are qualified or not, you are still an employee. Do you not have a p60 or a letter from employers confirming your wages and contract. Also must say if you have 63k in your account from earning £530 a month, you have done jolly well.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:16 pm

^^, i wasnt always earning that much, ive had 2 jobs from when i was 17, earning around £22k, its only since 2007 ive been a student earning £530.
and i found out, u dont get payslips for bursarys, only a yearly letter. it doesnt get taxed cuz i am a student.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:21 pm

A Bursary isnt technically a Job. That may explain why you dont get a monthly payslip.

Its more of a non-repayable grant.

May affect what you put on your application form?

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Thu May 01, 2008 9:49 am

^^, i knw, i was going to put on the application that im a student, but on the guidance notes, its states that i should put the name of the university if im a student where it askes, "name of employer"

but in the monthly income i can write £530, and then in additonal notes, write what this is, and in the saving sections, write all my savings that i have got.

then supply all bank statement for a year showing my all my savings and monthly income.

whould this be ok, for proof of maintanance, remembering i have £18k, readily available at anytime, and i have recently withdrawn £1k, from that wich will show on the statments. the only reasons i took it out, is to go see my fiance in july in malawi