ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility - recourse to public funds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anto999
Newly Registered

Eligibility - recourse to public funds

Post by anto999 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi ,

I have been in UK continuously for more than 3 years with my family on work permit extended every year. This year it has been extended for 2 years but still with 'No rcourse to public funds' .

I have been told by one of the recruitments agencies that since i have stayed in UK continuously for more than 3 years, i can now have access to public funds and i should send our passports and request Home Office to change the visa stamping to 'recourse to public funds'

Can some one guide me if this is true and can i go ahead with this request and how to do this.

Thanks in Advance,

Anto

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 pm

That's not correct. You need to wait till you get ILR to be able to claim public funds.