ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krimurthy
India

May 2018 Restricted COS

Post by krimurthy » Sat May 05, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Everyone,

Thought I could kick start the discussion on May allocation.

Thanks,
Krishna

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Re: May 2018 Restricted COS

Post by balu04vn » Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi Murthy,

I have applied my RCOS in March and its got refused.After that my employer is not interested to do it as points are very high. Is there any possibility I can appeal HO to reconsider my March application as recently New Home Secretary Sajid Javid taken charge.The reason of refuse is purely based on high points only.There was no issue with documentation or other reason from our side.Its a just thought to go and request HO.Please suggest.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm

balu04vn wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi Murthy,

I have applied my RCOS in March and its got refused.After that my employer is not interested to do it as points are very high. Is there any possibility I can appeal HO to reconsider my March application as recently New Home Secretary Sajid Javid taken charge.The reason of refuse is purely based on high points only.There was no issue with documentation or other reason from our side.Its a just thought to go and request HO.Please suggest.
There’s no appeals process for refused RCoS applications, and unfortunately even if there was it’s highly unlikely your appeal would be successful. Having a new Home Secretary doesn’t change anything because there is still a policy in place where there’s only so many RCoS allowed to be allocated each month and they’re awarded based on points. There were many many people that missed out.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Sat May 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm
balu04vn wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi Murthy,

There’s no appeals process for refused RCoS applications, and unfortunately even if there was it’s highly unlikely your appeal would be successful. Having a new Home Secretary doesn’t change anything because there is still a policy in place where there’s only so many RCoS allowed to be allocated each month and they’re awarded based on points. There were many many people that missed out.
Thats might be true..:(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:05 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:28 am
Hi Everyone,

Thought I could kick start the discussion on May allocation.

Thanks,
Krishna
No. The topic will be opened on the 10th to avoid becoming ridiculouly long with all sorts of posts before the RCoS meeting even takes place. It is becoming incredibly difficult to moderate these RCoS topics and as I am the only moderating doing, kindly be respectful of the fact it will be opened later.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/may- ... 54999.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.