ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private life 10 year route Need Help Please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

garrysharma
Newly Registered
India

Private life 10 year route Need Help Please!

Post by garrysharma » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 am

Hello Guys, I have a private life visa granted on the basis of half the life under para. 276ADE. for the young people aged 18-24 years old. Are there any rules if i want to marry a girl in india and bring her to UK from india? what are the requirements to be met? Do i have to provide £18600 income if i am not british or Indefinite leave to remain holder. I have 2.5 year visa on 10 year route to settlement? is that possible? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Private life 10 year route Need Help Please!

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

You are unable to sponsor a spouse visa application until you have been granted settlement (ILR).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

garrysharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by garrysharma » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 pm

But are there any other rules if i show £18600 income to bring her on my dependant once i am married to her?
A solicitor advised me that it is still possible if i show my income to bring her to UK from india? are there any such rules if i am on 30 months limited leave? helpful advice is really needed.

any other basis on my dependant??

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 am

Your not yet "settled" in UK. Unless you currently have refugee status or at least ILR, you wont be able to sponsor someone from abroad via a spouse visa. If solicitor is correct then you will need to satisfy the usual entry cleance stuff i.e £18,600, IELTES A1 etc etc.

Did the solicitor say why you are able to sponsor?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

fabz
Newly Registered

Post by fabz » Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 am

Hi, could you please tell me how long the application took when you first applied?
I have made the same application and haven't heard back in 5 months.
Thanks.

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 pm

fabz wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 am
Hi, could you please tell me how long the application took when you first applied?
I have made the same application and haven't heard back in 5 months.
Thanks.
I haven't seen any successful half life application decided in 5 months. The minimum I have seen is just above 8 months.

fabz
Newly Registered

Post by fabz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Thank you for your answers.
Just been granted leave. Took just over 9 months and the fact that I left and came back was not an issue.
Hope everything went well with yours.