ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementary job in the ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonuk
Newly Registered

Supplementary job in the ILR application?

Post by lonuk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm applying for ILR under a 5 year Tier 2 (General) route and I meet all the necessary requirements with my job for the sponsor.

However, I have 2 jobs: in addition to my main job for the sponsor, I have a 20h per week supplementary employment (with a proper contract, paye, same professional level, etc.).

My question is: do I need to mention my supplementary employment in the ILR application at all, i.e. provide a combined salary from both jobs, both payslips, two employment letters, etc.? Or is the second (supplementary) job irrelevant for the ILR application?

Thank you for you help.

lonuk
Newly Registered

Re: Supplementary job in the ILR application?

Post by lonuk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi guys,

Looks like nobody here could answer this question so I'm posting the answer below for anyone in the same boat.

I have enquired a bit further and both employment need to be included. For example, the combined income from both jobs should be stated in section 5.3 ("what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions"). The contract from your supplementary employment should also be provided to confirm that the job is no more than 20h a week and at the same professional level (e.g. a PhD level job).

Hope this helps.

Rajendrababu
Newly Registered

Re: Supplementary job in the ILR application?

Post by Rajendrababu » Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 am

Hi,
Thank you for posting in the forum. I am on the same boat. I wanted to apply for ilr soon but i have done additional job 4 years back. I don’t have any documents related to it. Did case worker ask you for the documents related to your supplementary work?
Thanks
Raj