ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Tier 2 to ILR - Query

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Dear Experts,

1) Please suggest me the online link where can I apply for ILR?

2) Do I need to pay IHS fee for ILR?

3) It is one day premium service, if I get the decision on same day, when will I get my passport & new visa back? As I'm planning to travel immediately after applying ILR.

It would be great help if any of you experts answers my above question. Many thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Query

Post by cyclina1 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Dear Experts,

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

2) Do I need to pay IHS fee for ILR?

No.

3) It is one day premium service, if I get the decision on same day, when will I get my passport & new visa back? As I'm planning to travel immediately after applying ILR.

Immediately.

It would be great help if any of you experts answers my above question. Many thanks in advance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 am

Set(O) form is a paper form. The link that user 'cyclina1' has provided is to book an in person appointment.

There is no guarantee that you will get a decision on the day. You also do not get your new ILR BRP card on the day and you also do not get your old visa BRP card back. You will need to wait for DX Couriers to deliver your BRP card and it takes up to 10 days, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi CR001, God Bless You. I've been following IB couple of years and I always appreciate your prompt reply.

As you instructed not to open new thread. I'm following this thread to ask few more questions. Thanks in advance.

1. As you said in previous threads, there is no limit for dependents to stay outside country & with main applicant not applying ILR, dependent can't apply alone. Then can you please tell me the criteria for dependent how to apply ILR? Is there any guidance. Please share the link.

2. If both main applicant & dependent applying ILR, incase main applicant is refused, does the dependent get success?

3. If main applicant applied first and got refused, can dependent apply following main applicant's refusal?

Thanks
Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 am

1. Same process and 100s of topics on the forum. Set O for dependent, English and LIUK etc. Dependent needs 4 years residence too. Do some research and then ask if anything is unclear.

2. No. If main applicant is refused, dependent will be refused.

3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jmcdon5
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jmcdon5 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi - quick question: I was on a Tier 2 (General) for 18 months a number years ago, then transferred to an EEA Family member permit for 2 years and then was required to obtain another Tier 2 (General) visa, which I have had for the past 4 years. From what I have read the EEA visa cannot be combined with my current Tier 2 to get me over the 5 years and eligible for ILR. So my question is if I can combine my 4 years on my current Tier 2 with the time spent on my previous Tier 2 to get me over the 5 years? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:45 pm

So my question is if I can combine my 4 years on my current Tier 2 with the time spent on my previous Tier 2 to get me over the 5 years?
No you cannot. You need 5 continuous years on Tier 2 General to qualify for ILR based on 5 years residence. Changing to the EEA route and back to Tier 2 General reset your clock.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi,

My out of country absence is only with my present employer and not with previous employers. My question is

1. Do I need to submit self explanation letter saying "my out of country absence is only with my present employment and not with my previous employments"??

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi its quite urgent. Can anyone advice please. Thanks