ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help - submitting application this week

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

Need help - submitting application this week

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Dear All,
I am planning to submit my application this weekend.

I am claiming points as follows:

1)I am under 28 - 5 Marks

2)Have more than four years of graduate experience (got all employer references and out of these four years - more than two and half years are in UK) - 35 Marks

3)Have masters degree(Equivalent to UK masters degree - approved by NARIC) - 25 Marks

4) My earnings for last one year were more than 27,000 as from october onwards I am on a permanent job and earning 35,000. There is one issue, I can produce only 12 months salary slips and employer letter from current company (5 months). Will this be enough to claim 25 marks for earnings?

What are the chances of success of my application. Please reply.. An early reply will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Indian_in_uk

I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

indian_in_uk

Help help help

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Anybody please help..............

Regards,

rella

Re: Need help - submitting application this week

Post by rella » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:07 pm

As long as you can document the points that you're claiming, then you should be approved.

Make sure that you have all the elements that the HO requires for experience on those reference letters from your employers. Check the guidance notes against the letters you have and make sure that the info that HO is requesting is contained in the letters. If there's any question about it, then get new letters.

If NARIC says that your M.S. is equivalent, then you should get full points for that.

Do you have any other proof of earnings, like tax forms, bank statements, etc? The more you include for evidence, the more likely you are to get points. But, you don't need the earnings points to get approved. You have 65 points without them. So, you need to try to make sure that each section is as complete as possible, so that if you don't get points in one section, you'll have enough from the others to put you up to 65 points.

Aside from telling you this, no one can really answer whether you'll be approved or not. It all depends on the documents you provide.

But from what you're saying, it sounds like it won't be a problem.

indian_in_uk

Hi

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:12 pm

Many thanks rella, I really appreciate.
I was a computer lecturer for 7 months in India in 2000 teaching in an engineering college. (May 2000 - Dec 2000)
After that I joined a very well reputed software company
Could you have a look at the following letter and guide me whether this is enough??

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxx has worked with our company from 15th January 2001 to July 2002. During this period the different positions and responsibilities held by him were as follows:

Systems Engineer Jan. 2002 to July 2002

Responsibilities:

• Interacting with clients, understanding their requirements and documenting the same
• Solving technical problems faced by programmers
• Optimization of the developed system
• Creating low-level designs using Rational Rose and UML
• Coding the functions as per design
• Conducting design reviews, implementing quality systems according to SEI-CMM level 5 guidelines.
• Designing the Database and Application Screens Prototypes
• Creating Unit test plans
• Conduct code reviews and quality control to achieve throughput on the various modules

Applications Developer July 2001 to Dec. 2001

Responsibilities:

• Creating system design using Rational Rose and UML.
• Tailoring the life cycle & management processes, preparing checklist, guideline & templates for activities
• Assisting Analyst programmer to understand and document client requirements.
• Implementing the design by coding the functions.
• Code Inspections and reviews
• Fixing the errors and bugs raised by test teams

Applications Programmer Jan. 2001 to June 2001

Responsibilities:

• Functional testing and bug fixing.
• Designing Logic/Algorithm design.
• Coding as per the design.
• Creating internal documentation.

From Aug'2002 to till date, I have been working in UK as Analyst Programmer and now Lead Java developer..

Looking forward to hear soon..

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Can anyone help?? moderators?? senior members??

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 pm

indian_in_uk,

I come from a very similar background and I got my HSMP about 10 months ago. I would say that the letter is very detailed and more then sufficient for your HSMP application (Wish I had something similar when I applied ) :lol:

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:42 pm

Thanks Kumar bhai,

I really appreciate for your message as it gave the much needed confidence..lol

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Profile similar .... except that I was an 'out-of-country' applicant.
Shld go thru easily.
Suggested that u provide 2 pieces of evidence under each head (preferred). Being from IT however, most things wld be simply flipped thru.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:52 pm

Hi Sher,

Thanks for your reply.
sorry I could not understand this statement :

"Suggested that u provide 2 pieces of evidence under each head (preferred). "..

could you please elaborate?

Thanks and regards

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:20 pm

For eg.:

- Degree Certificate & Transcript for the head 'education'
- Sal Slips & Tax Return for the head 'earnings'
- Birth certificate & Driving License for the head 'age'

In other words, each head backed by twin proofs.

Also, ensure that these statements are in consonance with each other. For instance, yr sal slip shld not show an income, different from the one in the tax return (which can happen easily in apna mahaan desh :lol:)

Hope this helps.
nJOY !

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:29 am

Ohh Alright, Got it now..

For Education, I am submitting my degree certificates and NARIC approval letter that states my masters degree is equivalent to UK's masters degree.

For age, I am submitting Xerox copy of my passport and work permits certified by a soliciter.

Experience letters by employers.

Salary thing is a bit problem, because the company I used to work with paid me as (Indian salary (converted to UK pounds) + Daily allowance). Now this daily allowance is not taxable for two years so Income tax document does not say anything about allowance. thats why I was thinking of submitting only salary slips and employer letter (current employer working since last five months) for the proof.. I have some doubt about it so now I am thinking of not going towards Salary points.. because I have exactly 65 points without it ..
What do you suggest?

Regards

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:45 pm

Any expert comments please??????

Sher

Post by Sher » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:15 pm

DO SUBMIT PROOF and CLAIM POINTS FOR EARNINGS. NO TWO THGTS ABT IT.

2 reasons:
- There is many a case on this forum who has missed out on HSMP at first go for points not alloted as they thgt they wld be.
- Yr earnings will buttress yr 'graduate' work-ex claim (remember, the troika of education - work ex - earnings together is irrefutably 'highly skilled')

Now, yr sal slips and employer letter shld be good enuff (let yr employer letter state yr sal structure clearly)

Add to this yr bank statement (read, savings) as proof of financial well being.

Do not forget to add an index stating the proofs under each head.

U shld be thru, 99.99%.
nJOY !

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:07 pm

I called HSMP team today and they said my application is refused. They dint consider following experience as graduate level. I am wondering if this is not Graduate level experience then what is it??

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxx has worked with our company from 15th January 2001 to July 2002. During this period the different positions and responsibilities held by him were as follows:

Systems Engineer Jan. 2002 to July 2002

Responsibilities:

• Interacting with clients, understanding their requirements and documenting the same
• Solving technical problems faced by programmers
• Optimization of the developed system
• Creating low-level designs using Rational Rose and UML
• Coding the functions as per design
• Conducting design reviews, implementing quality systems according to SEI-CMM level 5 guidelines.
• Designing the Database and Application Screens Prototypes
• Creating Unit test plans
• Conduct code reviews and quality control to achieve throughput on the various modules

Applications Developer July 2001 to Dec. 2001

Responsibilities:

• Creating system design using Rational Rose and UML.
• Tailoring the life cycle & management processes, preparing checklist, guideline & templates for activities
• Assisting Analyst programmer to understand and document client requirements.
• Implementing the design by coding the functions.
• Code Inspections and reviews

Applications Programmer Jan. 2001 to June 2001

Responsibilities:

• Functional testing and bug fixing.
• Designing Logic/Algorithm design.
• Coding as per the design.
• Creating internal documentation.

Any experts comments please?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Very sorry to hear bout your refusal. However dont keep your hand down as chances of success at reapplication or review should be very high. just a couple of things that i think might help

First the letter you have shown here only covers 18 months. ie Jan 2001 to Jul 2002. You say in your earlier post 'From Aug'2002 to till date, I have been working in UK as Analyst Programmer and now Lead Java developer', do you have a separater reference letter covering this period?

secondly were the letter(s) on the employer(s) headed paper

and another thing is that this letter while mentioning what positions you held does not say this was Graduate level work, for someone who is in the field they would easily know bout the qualifications needed for such post, but for the caseworker seating somewhere in Sheffield, England they might want to actually see the word 'Graduate' somewhere in the reference letter.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi f2k,

Many thanks for replying.

Yes, I submitted seperate reference letters from Aug'02 to till date.
All reference letters were on employer letter heads.

I claimed 35 points but the case worker gave me 25 only, the guy to whom I spoke told me Its only for three years graduate level experience not four. I dont know why and how the thought its for three years.

Could you suggest me whether I should go for paid or unpad appeal?
What are the pros and cons of both of them?