ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"overseas medical school" in the UK!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infocat13
Newly Registered

"overseas medical school" in the UK!

Post by infocat13 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:18 am

This is a medical school that teachs a combined undergraduate/ MD program.The program is Taught to the american medical certification requirments.

http://stchris.edu/luton.htm

But some thoughts,I saw a thread that I can not now find dealing with NHS trying to bar foriegn trained MD's from working there.However this program and others like are UK schools that lead to the right to a work permit.Would I be right ?
This schools website is not clear on where the clinicals/internship are NHS or american affilated Hospitals
I have asked them and will keep you posted.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: "overseas medical school" in the UK!

Post by thirdwave » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:35 am

infocat13 wrote:This is a medical school that teachs a combined undergraduate/ MD program.The program is Taught to the american medical certification requirments.

http://stchris.edu/luton.htm

But some thoughts,I saw a thread that I can not now find dealing with NHS trying to bar foriegn trained MD's from working there.However this program and others like are UK schools that lead to the right to a work permit.Would I be right ?
This schools website is not clear on where the clinicals/internship are NHS or american affilated Hospitals
I have asked them and will keep you posted.
There are several such shady outfits in the UK offering medical 'degrees' from bogus universities abroad. GMC is currently investigating several of them and I believe this one is Luton is among them.The GMC has wisened up to such scams in recent years and therefore you will not be able to register with them if you qualify from one of these establishments.

There was an article in the Times about this 'University' in Luton earlier this year but unfortunately can`t find it..

For more details, check the GMC webiste

www.gmc-uk.org

Steer well clear would be my advice

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:44 am

Ok, here's the relevant page from the GMC website.You can see that the Luton joint is on the list..

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registrat ... lleges.asp

infocat13
Newly Registered

Post by infocat13 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:26 am

thanks for the heads up thirdwave!