ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company that sponsored me has financial problems

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cespinoza
Newly Registered

Company that sponsored me has financial problems

Post by cespinoza » Sat May 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm working in the UK since 5 months ago and just some days ago I knew that the company has financial problems and will fire the employees, what options do I have? If I'm fired tomorrow do I have at least a time as to get another job here? I'm with my family here and sold all our belongings in my country, then this new has been a very bad new for us.
Thanks in advance.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Company that sponsored me has financial problems

Post by cyclina1 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 pm

cespinoza wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:25 pm
Hi, I'm working in the UK since 5 months ago and just some days ago I knew that the company has financial problems and will fire the employees, what options do I have? If I'm fired tomorrow do I have at least a time as to get another job here? I'm with my family here and sold all our belongings in my country, then this new has been a very bad new for us.
Thanks in advance.

As long as your visa is valid, you can stay and look for job, until the HO curtail your leave. So if you are lucky, you can find the other tier 2 sponsor, file new application and continue to stay. However, if you cannot find new sponsor and file new application within 28 days after visa expires, you have to leave.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_p » Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 pm
However, if you cannot find new sponsor and file new application within 28 days after visa expires, you have to leave.
Is this line correct? If the leave expires, isn't that an overstay? Just wondering!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 am

crazy_p wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 am
cyclina1 wrote:
However, if you cannot find new sponsor and file new application within 28 days after visa expires, you have to leave.
Is this line correct? If the leave expires, isn't that an overstay? Just wondering!
No it is not correct. User cyclina1 is also missing the point that the 28 days has been reduced to 14 days but an applicant will still be an overstayer if applying after visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 am
crazy_p wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 am
cyclina1 wrote:
No it is not correct. User cyclina1 is also missing the point that the 28 days has been reduced to 14 days but an applicant will still be an overstayer if applying after visa expiry.
Thanks for your correction. Yes. now is reduced to 14 days. You will be overstayer of course, but discretion can be applied usually.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.