ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No longer have BRP used for Life In The UK test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IM314
Newly Registered

No longer have BRP used for Life In The UK test

Post by IM314 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 pm

When I applied for my ILR in 2015, I used the BRP (tier 2 visa) I had at at the time as proof of identity for the Life In The UK Test.

When I got my ILR approved (same-day appointment service), they took back my old BRP.

I then got a brand new BRP in the post a few weeks later showing Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Now that I am applying for naturalisation, I see that they are asking me to supply the same document that I used for my Life In The UK Test, but the Home Office took it back, so that's impossible. I can only hope that I won't have to do that bloody test again!

What am I to do now? Has anyone been through this? I have a colour photocopy of the old BRP that I could include with a note explaining, but has anyone else encountered this particular HO Catch-22 before and successfully navigated it?

As always, all replies will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No longer have BRP used for Life In The UK test

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

It is not an issue.

Simply add a brief note to the 'Additional Information' page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Is your advice based on personal (or otherwise known) experience of this very same issue? I don’t mean to be rude or question your advice, but it would put my mind at ease to know that someone else has had the same issue and succeeded in their application without having the original BRP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Others have had similar issues. You clearly cannot reproduce something you don't have and HO is not that unreasonable that you would be expected to redo the test. Perspective.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks, and you are of course absolutely right. Current news about the HO apparently looking for every small problem to deny applications has me paranoid, that’s all.

Thanks again for the replies.

englishrose198
India

Post by englishrose198 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am

Just ignore it, I have done the same and got mine approved.You cannot produce the old BRP and it should not be a problem

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Thanks! That's really good news.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:59 am

IM314 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm
Thanks, and you are of course absolutely right. Current news about the HO apparently looking for every small problem to deny applications has me paranoid, that’s all.

Thanks again for the replies.
Like you I am also non EU, I used NCS and only submitted the life in the UK result letter and language test, no p60, or employer letters and also approved. Unlike ILR, the caseworker cannot refuse directly due to missing documents, their guidelines are requesting the missing documents, so you don't need to worry too much.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.