ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tsar555
Newly Registered
India

English language requirement

Post by tsar555 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:31 am

I am finding the sequence of questions in the 'English language requirement' section a bit confusing.

So, I now have a certificate from Trinity for the B1 test which is what i want to use to fulfil this requirment.

However, the 1question asks '

tsar555
Newly Registered
India

Re: English language requirement

Post by tsar555 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:41 am

Reposting -

I am finding the sequence of questions in the 'English language requirement' section a bit confusing.

So, I now have a certificate from Trinity for the B1 test which is what I want to use to fulfil this requirement.

(I also have a degree from the Unites States, however, I do not want to use the degree as I need a certificate from Naric which will take too long.)

So, the first question in this section is 'Do you have a degree that was taught in English’. Do I answer yes or no? If I say yes, then it doesn’t give me the option to use the English language test. However, if I say no, that wouldn’t be honest.
If I understand correctly, since this section is specific to proving my English languate proficiency, I should just say No, which then leads to the next question - Have you passed an approved English language test.

Appreciate any help.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

tsar555 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:41 am
Reposting -

So, I now have a certificate from Trinity for the B1 test which is what I want to use to fulfil this requirement.

(I also have a degree from the Unites States, however, I do not want to use the degree as I need a certificate from Naric which will take too long.)

So, the first question in this section is 'Do you have a degree that was taught in English’. Do I answer yes or no? If I say yes, then it doesn’t give me the option to use the English language test. However, if I say no, that wouldn’t be honest.
If I understand correctly, since this section is specific to proving my English languate proficiency, I should just say No, which then leads to the next question - Have you passed an approved English language test.

Appreciate any help.
All that matters is that you meet the requirement and submit your evidence. Tick the section that is applicable to you. If you are using B1 cert, then just tick that section.

tsar555
Newly Registered
India

Post by tsar555 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Thank you very much