ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Re: Delay in Tier2 General(Restricted) visa issuance

Post by NanRam » Sat May 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi ,

I have applied for Tier 2 ICT under standard category for me and my son , submitted documents on April 5th at Premium VFS center Banglore . I received mail from UKVI on April 17th saying it has been reached decesion making center but its almost a month I didn't received any information yet. I called UKVI helpline they told decesion is pending. I am worried..

Is there anyone who submitted on April 5th under standard category from Banglore premium office and got visa ??? Generally how much time it takes to provide passport

Thanks & Regards,
NanRam

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Sat May 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi ,

I have applied for Tier 2 ICT under standard category for me and my son , submitted documents on April 5th at Premium VFS center Banglore . I received mail from UKVI on April 17th saying it has been reached decesion making center but its already a month I didn't received any information yet. I called UKVI helpline they told decesion is pending. I am worried..

Is there anyone who submitted on April 5th under standard category from Banglore premium office and got visa ??? Whether they approved or not ?? Generally how much time it takes to get passport...

Thanks & Regards,
NanRam

richardk8
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by richardk8 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 am

Raj5394 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am
richardk8 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:20 am
I did a standard application and submitted documents and biometrics on 19/3. I am still waiting, it has been 31 working days. I was meant to start work at the start of last week.

Applying from Brisbane Australia.

This is really concerning!! 31 working days over and no update means you must have escalated the case with UKVI and they are already past their 15 days timeline. :(
Yes i called and escalated and 18/4 and then received the "not straight forward" email on 24/4. Lack of communication has made this a very stressful wait.

I do have a very bad feeling about that they will keep delaying the decision for a couple more months then reject my visa.

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:44 am

richardk8 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 am
Raj5394 wrote:
richardk8 wrote:
I did a standard application and submitted documents and biometrics on 19/3. I am still waiting, it has been 31 working days. I was meant to start work at the start of last week.

This is really concerning!! 31 working days over and no update means you must have escalated the case with UKVI and they are already past their 15 days timeline. :(
Yes i called and escalated and 18/4 and then received the "not straight forward" email on 24/4. Lack of communication has made this a very stressful wait.

I do have a very bad feeling about that they will keep delaying the decision for a couple more months then reject my visa.
As far as I understand, they would not reject a visa unless they have a good reason for rejection. If there is a visa rejection from UKVI you can also appeal against it. So keep your hopes up. :)
Over a months wait for me now. Last Thursday I got a mail in response to my escalation saying - they are working on visa application for my dependents. This is the first time in 30days that I have got any mail regarding dependent's application.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 am

Raj5394 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:44 am
richardk8 wrote:
Raj5394 wrote:
richardk8 wrote:

As far as I understand, they would not reject a visa unless they have a good reason for rejection. If there is a visa rejection from UKVI you can also appeal against it. So keep your hopes up. :)
Over a months wait for me now. Last Thursday I got a mail in response to my escalation saying - they are working on visa application for my dependents. This is the first time in 30days that I have got any mail regarding dependent's application.
good news Rajani, atleast now they responded.
does that mean, you application was processed and they are taking time to work on dependants applications? did they mentioned they need any additional documentation?

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 am
Raj5394 wrote:
richardk8 wrote:
Raj5394 wrote:

does that mean, you application was processed and they are taking time to work on dependants applications? did they mentioned they need any additional documentation?

Yes Ashish, I am taking this as a positive response. However I have not got any confirmation on my visa status. My application was done by Visalogic who are working in UK hours and they have long weekend(Monday holiday) so not sure if they have received any confirmation on my visa. Till now I have not been requested any document.

sujisiva
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujisiva » Tue May 08, 2018 9:28 am

Raj5394 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 pm
ashishkm wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 am
Raj5394 wrote:
richardk8 wrote:

Yes Ashish, I am taking this as a positive response. However I have not got any confirmation on my visa status. My application was done by Visalogic who are working in UK hours and they have long weekend(Monday holiday) so not sure if they have received any confirmation on my visa. Till now I have not been requested any document.
Very Much Frustrated.....almost 1 mon the crossed...hi rajani..any updates from u..

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Sujatha,
No updates for me. I have not called UKVI since almost a week now. Planning to call them end of UK hours.
You were expected to get your passport by May 7th if I remember. What are they telling now?

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am

Hi Anyone got the visa ..who have submitted application in the First week of April from Banglore????.. I have submitted Tier 2 ICT dependents for me and my son on April 5th at Premium VFS Banglore still waiting for visa.. it's more than a month till now no updates

Regards,
Nanda Ramesh

sujisiva
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujisiva » Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Raj5394 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 am
Hi Sujatha,
No updates for me. I have not called UKVI since almost a week now. Planning to call them end of UK hours.
You were expected to get your passport by May 7th if I remember. What are they telling now?
Hi Rajani,

No I didn't not recive. .I escalated today.. . They r telling continously that decision has been taken 24th April. No response email or sms till now.Did u call to them?

Thanks
Sujatha

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

sujisiva wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm
Raj5394 wrote:
Hi Sujatha,
Hi Rajani,

No I didn't not recive. .I escalated today.. . They r telling continously that decision has been taken 24th April. No response email or sms till now.Did u call to them?

Thanks
Sujatha
Hi Sujatha,

I am also in same boat as yours ..we called UKVI they are saying decesion has been taken asked us to check with local immigration regarding passport... I am not sure why they are delaying this much to dispatch .. Is there any way to contact Chennai immigration.

Regards,
Nanda

sujisiva
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujisiva » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

NanRam wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm
sujisiva wrote:
Raj5394 wrote:
Hi Sujatha,
Hi Rajani,

Thanks
Sujatha
Hi Sujatha,

I am also in same boat as yours ..we called UKVI they are saying decesion has been taken asked us to check with local immigration regarding passport... I am not sure why they are delaying this much to dispatch .. Is there any way to contact Chennai immigration.

Regards,
Nanda
Hi nanda,

No..I don't know how to contact..I went to chennai vfs center two times. They don't know and not ready to share any details. They told that due to the heavy load they r delaying to respond. I m not sure what is happening there..I called 15 times to UKVI..finally we escalated. Did u call to ukvi and escalate? Is your standard or priority? Mine is standard. .It will be better if they inform atleast the date when we will recieve. .we can plan accordingly. Very much frustrated. 😣

Thanks
Sujatha

sujisiva
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujisiva » Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 pm

sujisiva wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm
NanRam wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm
sujisiva wrote:

Hi Sujatha,
Hi Rajani,

Thanks
Sujatha
Hi Sujatha,

Regards,
Nanda
Hi nanda,

No..I don't know how to contact..I went to chennai vfs center two times. They don't know and not ready to share any details. They told that due to the heavy load they r delaying to respond. I m not sure what is happening there..I called 15 times to UKVI..finally we escalated. Did u call to ukvi and escalate? Is your standard or priority? Mine is standard. .It will be better if they inform atleast the date when we will recieve. .we can plan accordingly. Very much frustrated. 😣

I saw the following text in my vfsmail.."We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country."

Thanks
Sujatha

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 am

Hi Sujatha,

I also submitted under standard category on April 5th... When we called UKVI they are saying contact local immigration... here VFS as well as Chennai ppl asking to contact UKVI.. it's almost 25 working days really frustrating.

Regards,
Nanda

sujisiva
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujisiva » Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am

NanRam wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 am
Hi Sujatha,

I also submitted under standard category on April 5th... When we called UKVI they are saying contact local immigration... here VFS as well as Chennai ppl asking to contact UKVI.. it's almost 25 working days really frustrating.

Regards,
Nanda
Hi Nanda,
U escalate to ukvi..Really we r confusing all of our plan regarding this. I am not sure why they r delaying too much..

@Rajani

Did u call to ukvi? What they told?

Thanks
Sujatha

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 09, 2018 3:42 am

sujisiva wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am
NanRam wrote:
Hi Sujatha,

Regards,
Nanda
Hi Nanda,
U escalate to ukvi..Really we r confusing all of our plan regarding this. I am not sure why they r delaying too much..

@Rajani

Thanks
Sujatha
Rajani, Sujatha, Nanda

All 3 of u have dependants applications/just primary/both?
This shouldn't make any difference! were those applications with dependants or just dependants are delayed, is there a new process after stamping involved? I am getting all sorts of questions??

But I know one of my friend applied standard just primary in Apr from Bangalore have got it in 15 days time, also in this forum we saw some one got it in 18 days I guess

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Wed May 09, 2018 4:13 am

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:42 am
sujisiva wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am
NanRam wrote:
Hi Sujatha,

Regards,
Nanda
Hi Nanda,

@Rajani

Thanks
Sujatha
Rajani, Sujatha, Nanda

All 3 of u have dependants applications/just primary/both?
This shouldn't make any difference! were those applications with dependants or just dependants are delayed, is there a new process after stamping involved? I am getting all sorts of questions??

But I know one of my friend applied standard just primary in Apr from Bangalore have got it in 15 days time, also in this forum we saw some one got it in 18 days I guess

Hi Ashish,

Mine is dependent application under standard category.. one of my friend also applied for dependent application from Banglore Global service VFS under priority she got it in 5 working days... As far as I know primary applications they are processing fast not sure why they are delaying dependents application

Regards,
Nanda

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 am

As Sujatha said, there might be lots of applications in queue. I guess they are sorting out primary applicants first, and perhaps based on job start date as well (as mentioned in CoS). however they should atleast inform to cut down applicant's anxiety

Overall, I can say - please be more patient as it sounds as a matter of time. I am sure all of your applications are successful and granted

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:55 am

Sujatha - I did not call because last Friday my third party who applied for me got enquiry update that its still under the decision. :roll:

Ashish - Yes I have applied along with two dependents husband and son. My husband is currently on ICT and we his dependents. We all applied together to change from ICT to General. I too notice delays when dependents applications are involved especially from Bangalore.

QBF001
Newly Registered
India

Post by QBF001 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Is there any way we can complain...after all we are paying for the service....

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 pm

QBF001 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 pm
If I remember right you received your passport, but waiting for your daughter's right? It is too much if they are still delaying it. did they confirmed they approved her application but passport you didnt received?

Also pleas tell me how much is they charged for Premium lounge,Priority visa, walk in appointment? (for all three) and where do find booking for premium bangalore if I have to book and address?

I am planning to submit in a week's time!

QBF001
Newly Registered
India

Post by QBF001 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:48 pm

called UKVI ....they said they took a "decision" yesterday ..at the very least my ordeal is getting over soon....WIll update soon

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Thu May 10, 2018 7:41 am

Hi Sujatha ,

Did you esculated your case ? In case of esculation after how many days they will process our case

Regards,
Nanda

NanRam
Newly Registered
India

Post by NanRam » Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am

ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 pm
QBF001 wrote:
If I remember right you received your passport, but waiting for your daughter's right? It is too much if they are still delaying it. did they confirmed they approved her application but passport you didnt received?

Also pleas tell me how much is they charged for Premium lounge,Priority visa, walk in appointment? (for all three) and where do find booking for premium bangalore if I have to book and address?

Hi Ashish,

We submitted our application at whitefield Brigade IRV premium VFS center Banglore under standard category... I am not sure about priority and walk-in just check in site

Regards,
Nanda

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 am

NanRam wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am
ashishkm wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 pm
QBF001 wrote:

Hi Ashish,

We submitted our application at whitefield Brigade IRV premium VFS center Banglore under standard category... I am not sure about priority and walk-in just check in site

Regards,
Nanda
I completed my application, and choose to pay on 18 May 2018 as my cooling period ends on 17 May 2018 (i.e. 17 May 2017 is my last tier 2 ICT VISA end date)

So can we book an appointment before application payment, with whitefield Premium lounge for 18-may 2018 (if slot available)