ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit visa Income and Expenditure for housewife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msdawood
Newly Registered

UK Visit visa Income and Expenditure for housewife

Post by msdawood » Tue May 08, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to invite my Sister and Brother-In-Law to visit me for a month. I am entirely sponsoring their trip. My Brother-In-Law is a retired Govt Official and earning pension. My Sister is a housewife. While filling the UK Visit visa form online for my sister, What should I answer for "what is the total amount of money you spend each month"? I couldn't leave this field blank. It expects a value more than 0 either in INR or GBP. What should I provide? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sheik

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: UK Visit visa Income and Expenditure for housewife

Post by poper » Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 pm

Not sure what is unclear. If you are not aware how much your brother/sis-in-law spend you need to ask them
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

msdawood
Newly Registered

Post by msdawood » Wed May 09, 2018 8:53 am

Hi Thanks Poper,
In my brother-in-law's application I can enter how much he is spending each month as he is getting pension and he is spending for the whole family. But my sister is housewife and in her application if I don't provide any value in "what is the total amount of money you spend each month", its giving me error.

Shall I show that she is spending 5000 per month and she is getting 5000 from my brother-in-law as allowance every month?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

My mother is a home maker(no income) and a dependent of my father. If their combined monthly expenses were 15,000 INR for instance, I had mentioned 7500 INR for each applicant.
I had explicitly stated in the covering letter that my mother was a dependent of my father. Don't remember if I was able to mention the same on the application form.
Hope this answers your question.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

msdawood
Newly Registered

Post by msdawood » Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi Poper,
Thanks for the quick response. Even I was thinking to add INR 5000 per month in my sister's application. Did you mention that your mother is getting regular monthly allowances from family (your father) in "other income" section? Like she is getting regular money from your father and she is spending it.

Thanks
Sheik

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm

When you mention dependent, it covers what you are trying to convey.
So no, I did not explicitly mention allowances and stuff