ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Tax code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coache
United Kingdom

Wrong Tax code

Post by Coache » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello experts,

Please i have a concern bothering me. I am a PAYE working for my employer and my tax is deducted at source.

I reviewed the 2017/2018 tax year that just ended and discovered i had a worng tax code because HMRC updated my record with previous years tax reliefs for professional subscription whereas i told them to update the releif with the correct fees i paid and update the taxcode to reflect if i paid the right amount of tax or if i am due for a refund.

The agent updated my record with the correct subscription fee and reconcilled my record saying i have underpaid £79 and i can pay it to reconcile my account because the tax year has ended and for subsequent decrepancies in code, they can always take it out from my monthly wages if the tax year is still on.

I have heard several issues about general ground of refusal and paragraph 322(5) refusal due to deciet.

Please does updating my PAYE account and issuing them with the correct figure falls under deceit or decrepancy of earning or tax return?

Am really worried . I dont know if PAYE have issues with declared income as i have just one job and most times i dont even know how my tax codes are made.

Please can somebody with good knowledge of general ground of refusal help me?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Wrong Tax code

Post by cyclina1 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 am

Coache wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm
Hello experts,

Please i have a concern bothering me. I am a PAYE working for my employer and my tax is deducted at source.

I reviewed the 2017/2018 tax year that just ended and discovered i had a worng tax code because HMRC updated my record with previous years tax reliefs for professional subscription whereas i told them to update the releif with the correct fees i paid and update the taxcode to reflect if i paid the right amount of tax or if i am due for a refund.

The agent updated my record with the correct subscription fee and reconcilled my record saying i have underpaid £79 and i can pay it to reconcile my account because the tax year has ended and for subsequent decrepancies in code, they can always take it out from my monthly wages if the tax year is still on.

I have heard several issues about general ground of refusal and paragraph 322(5) refusal due to deciet.

Please does updating my PAYE account and issuing them with the correct figure falls under deceit or decrepancy of earning or tax return?

No need to worries. As your income is always consistent with the HMRC record by PAYE. Unlike those Tier1 that they have to report their income themselves. And their problems are the HO thinks they hidden their income to avoid tax, although some of them maybe just the error of accounting. As you are impossible to hide your income through PAYE, so you won't fall into that "trap"

Am really worried . I dont know if PAYE have issues with declared income as i have just one job and most times i dont even know how my tax codes are made.

As you repay the underpaid, after the tax code changed by the HO, there is no issue.

Please can somebody with good knowledge of general ground of refusal help me?

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

Mostly relevant only to Tier 1 General (now closed visa route) self employed applicants for ILR (also now a closed ILR route).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Coache
United Kingdom

Post by Coache » Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Many thanks for your response