ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Running Retail Business on 50K Tier 1 Route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

Running Retail Business on 50K Tier 1 Route

Post by Amz » Wed May 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi

I have sent my application for extension in March 2017, i am still waiting for an update from HO.

I have an IT consultancy business (50K route from PSW pre-April 2014). I would like to know if I am allowed to add another dimension to my business primarily selling items on e-bay, amazon and own website.

Someone told me this doesn't qualify under NQF-4 level or something and you are only allowed to do this with 200K route.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Running Retail Business on 50K Tier 1 Route

Post by marcnath » Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:40 pm
Hi

I have sent my application for extension in March 2017, i am still waiting for an update from HO.

I have an IT consultancy business (50K route from PSW pre-April 2014). I would like to know if I am allowed to add another dimension to my business primarily selling items on e-bay, amazon and own website.

Someone told me this doesn't qualify under NQF-4 level or something and you are only allowed to do this with 200K route.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards
The NQF level qualification is only applicable to the initial application. There are no such restrictions on your Visa.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed May 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot Marcnath, so that means all i gotta do is to add SOC code to my company's house profile or open a new company either way i can do online retail business without having an impact on my ILR (once my extension is approved) , also if I hire new employees under a new retail company registered, those employees would still be counted as part of my ILR job creation requirement, is that correct ?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:10 pm
if I hire new employees under a new retail company registered, those employees would still be counted as part of my ILR job creation requirement, is that correct ?
Yes
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Wed May 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Is that same rule for post 2014?
Any relevant statement in policy guidelines regarding no restrictions on NQF Levels.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Dytto wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:13 pm
Is that same rule for post 2014?
Any relevant statement in policy guidelines regarding no restrictions on NQF Levels.
Thanks
2014 makes no difference.
There is nothing in the guidelines to say there is no restrictions.
But there is no NQF level specified in the extension or settlement requirements either

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Thu May 10, 2018 12:09 am

Thanks marcnath

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu May 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Got confirmation from home office as well. There is no such nvqf level 4 once your received visa, whereas I asked them more than twice in 2014 and every time they said that you can't do business below level 4.
I wish I knew marcnath before. 😩😩😩
I'm now in process to switching my paypal and Amz accounts to my current business account.
Very tricky process.
Home office is a bloody mess.

Amz

Post by Amz » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi Momi

How did you get this confirmation from Home Office. Is there an email address ?

I am just thinking of getting them to confirm via email so that they dont try and mess this up later. We can have proof can't we :)

Simply dont trust these guys with the way they are refusing visas.

Regards

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat May 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Amz wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm
Hi Momi

How did you get this confirmation from Home Office. Is there an email address ?

I am just thinking of getting them to confirm via email so that they dont try and mess this up later. We can have proof can't we :)

Simply dont trust these guys with the way they are refusing visas.

Regards
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 13, 2018 4:20 pm

You should NEVER rely on any advice from HO regarding the interpretation of the immigration rules. :!: :!: The regularly give incorrect immigration advice
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:20 pm
You should NEVER rely on any advice from HO regarding the interpretation of the immigration rules. :!: :!: The regularly give incorrect immigration advice
What you think 50k applicants are allowed to do selling on eBay and Amazon?
What's your opinion?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Momi wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm
zimba88 wrote:
What's your opinion?
Has nothing to do with 50K or 200K route - the rules are the same for both

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 pm
Momi wrote:
zimba88 wrote:
What's your opinion?
Thanks marcnath, got written confirmation from home office as well.
Added new services in companies house and now in process to change the bank account on PayPal and Amazon.
I asked home office more than 5 times in 2014 and everytime they replied that it's below level 4.
Now I confirmed from so many immigration barristers and each one said that you can do whatever business you want.
Application is still in process but 10 years are just round the corner, less than 4 months left.
Many thanks for replying each of my questions.
You are awesome.
God bless you.

(I wish I knew you before 😩😩😩)

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 am

Momi wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am
marcnath wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 pm
Momi wrote:
zimba88 wrote:
What's your opinion?
Thanks marcnath, got written confirmation from home office as well.
Added new services in companies house and now in process to change the bank account on PayPal and Amazon.
I asked home office more than 5 times in 2014 and everytime they replied that it's below level 4.
Now I confirmed from so many immigration barristers and each one said that you can do whatever business you want.
Application is still in process but 10 years are just round the corner, less than 4 months left.
Many thanks for replying each of my questions.
You are awesome.
God bless you.

(I wish I knew you before 😩😩😩)
thats good news for u all peeps... good luck for all who wants to add new business!! written confirmation is always good ...have a good weekend all of u .. take care