ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I Dreaming ? NQ Form Price

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Need help with evidence please. (P60)

Post by rabohmer » Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi all new to the forums,

So Im in the process of applying for my citizenship but Im a bit confused about whether or not I need to supply P60 information etc, I tried to phone visa's and immigration but they may as well have had a pre recording of the form answer the phone because they were 0 help on the matter.

I basically just want to know if i do need to supply all my p60 information because in the form it says I need to supply it if I have been in breach of immigration law, which I havent, but I also dont have the passport I used to enter the country but I have a letter stating that Ive been in school since the month we arrived.

Sorry if this seems a bit stupid but its super confusing and I want to get it right before I send it off (i'm going through ncs)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need help with evidence please. (P60)

Post by TheRock9 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi,

It will be great if you provide your immigration history so members can guide you accordingly.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by rabohmer » Tue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Yeah no problem,

I arrived in 2007 from South africa on the basis of being an EEA nationals family member and then I got my Indefinite leave to remain for the same reason, The original passport we used to enter the country was lost/stolen so I dont have the stamp to prove arrival but a letter from my school stating I attended from the month we arrived.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm

You are required to prove residence for the past 5 years as that is what citizenship is based on. You will need P60 or any other documentation you have to prove you have been resident.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by rabohmer » Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm
You are required to prove residence for the past 5 years as that is what citizenship is based on. You will need P60 or any other documentation you have to prove you have been resident.
Thank you for getting back to me :) i'll use letters from School, College and Uni to prove that then.

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Am I Dreaming ? NQ Form Price

Post by rabohmer » Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am

Hi all,

So I was looking at getting my NQ form sent off today as I am applying for Dual South African and British citizenship and I was about to fill out the payment slip when I saw it was 250 bloody pounds :shock: , the last time I checked it was only 100 ... please tell me I am seeing something wrong here?

Kind regards
A broke student :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am I Dreaming ? NQ Form Price

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 am

Yup, that is correct. Don't forget that the Home Affairs Consular also charges for the letter they give you.

I skipped this part due to the additional cost but only after I had done extensive research that I would always retain the right to permanent residence due to being born there and can resume citizenship at any point if I return to the Republic for 12 months.

My letter from the embassy which was issued free of charge, states I am permitted to enter and exit SA on my British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rabohmer
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by rabohmer » Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 am
Yup, that is correct. Don't forget that the Home Affairs Consular also charges for the letter they give you.

I skipped this part due to the additional cost but only after I had done extensive research that I would always retain the right to permanent residence due to being born there and can resume citizenship at any point if I return to the Republic for 12 months.

My letter from the embassy which was issued free of charge, states I am permitted to enter and exit SA on my British passport.
Thanks for the help again, I just find it criminal that they can justify the price increases over the last five years or so - I remember thinking wow 800 pounds is a lot of money to apply for naturalisation and look at it now. I guess i'll just bite the bullet because for some reason i'm just not completely comfortable with the whole "loosing" citizenship idea.

Thanks again though - my mini rant is now over :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am

Oh, the other reason I didn't do this step was so that if I am back home and anything (heaven forbid) happens to me, I can get British High Commission assistance, which isn't possible if you hold a SA passport as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

modulus
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by modulus » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:56 pm

rabohmer wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am
Hi all,

So I was looking at getting my NQ form sent off today as I am applying for Dual South African and British citizenship and I was about to fill out the payment slip when I saw it was 250 bloody pounds :shock: , the last time I checked it was only 100 ... please tell me I am seeing something wrong here?

Kind regards
A broke student :cry:
I just saw the same thing. Ridiculous fee for a piece of paper stating something so simple. For me it's worth doing. And if anyone is res non-dom tax status in UK, I would advise paying the fee. Losing all other nationalities could potentially call non-dom status into question.