ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids at citizenship ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Kids at citizenship ceremony

Post by Grendels » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 pm

So the citizenship ceremony invitation says "You may bring one adult guest with you on the day...Please note that due to the volume of candidates participating in your ceremony and following a review of ceremony arrangements, it will not be possible to facilitate more than one adult guest; extra guests will be refused entry."

Are there usually no kids allowed at the ceremony? I'm worried my husband will be refused entry if we bring our child (2 years old and pretty well behaved). He'd have to stay home otherwise as we can't get childcare for that early in the morning. (Travelling from Dublin for 10am ceremony.) It would be nice if they could both attend.

Anyone in similar situation? Or anyone previously attending ceremony, what was your experience?

Raaa
Newly Registered
India

Re: Kids at citizenship ceremony

Post by Raaa » Thu May 03, 2018 1:50 pm

I am in similar situation. Have dropped them email lets see

Raaa
Newly Registered
India

Re: Kids at citizenship ceremony

Post by Raaa » Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 pm

got reply from dept, kids are allowed