ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for MN1 form - ILR Child Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKVisit
India

Query for MN1 form - ILR Child Naturalisation

Post by UKVisit » Thu May 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello Dear,

I hold ILR along with my wife and son who born outside UK. Now my wife and son are applying for Naturalisation while I am not applying yet for some personal reasons. Here I have few questions for my son application under MN1 form.

1. Section 1 - Personal Information.
1.1 - Indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered??
As per booklet, children born aboard to parents who are applying to British Citizenship would fall under section 3(1) - which further says that "Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary's discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British Citizenship, or if one parent holds British Citizenship and the other settled in the UK".
As none of us are British citizen yet, would my son be eligible to apply along with my wife under family application or not??

1.5 Surname/family name(the name you give here will be the name shown on the child's certificate so ensure it is spelt correctly and you have written it in correct order):
I am confused here. Should it be Surname only or should it be surname followed by given name or should it be given name followed by surname?

3. Section - Parents' residence in The UK
3.1 State which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based:
[bI am confused here. Non of us are of British Descent yet. Do they mean with which parent child is applying for naturalisation?[/b]
3.3 Give details of all absences from the United Kingdom and the British overseas territories during the reckonable period of residence above.
Is it about the above parent selected??

3.5 Give details of all of the parents' absences from the United Kingdom and the British overseas territories during the reckonable period of residence above.
Is it about other parent ??

3.6 Provide details of the child's grandparent from whom the parent in 3.1 derived British citizen by descent:
I am confused again? Does it mean that "section 3 - Parents' residence in the UK or the British overseas territories, where applicable" is explicitly for particular kind of application or for both?

My apologies for so many questions and would appreciate your support.

Thanks
Manish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query for MN1 form - ILR Child Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:09 pm

1. Section 1 - Personal Information.
1.1 - Indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered??
As per booklet, children born aboard to parents who are applying to British Citizenship would fall under section 3(1) - which further says that "Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary's discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British Citizenship, or if one parent holds British Citizenship and the other settled in the UK".
As none of us are British citizen yet, would my son be eligible to apply along with my wife under family application or not??
Yes, but only if applying at same time as your spouse.
1.5 Surname/family name(the name you give here will be the name shown on the child's certificate so ensure it is spelt correctly and you have written it in correct order):
I am confused here. Should it be Surname only or should it be surname followed by given name or should it be given name followed by surname?
Surname only. Given name goes in '1.6 Other Names'.
3. Section - Parents' residence in The UK
3.1 State which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based:
[bI am confused here. Non of us are of British Descent yet. Do they mean with which parent child is applying for naturalisation?[/b]
3.3 Give details of all absences from the United Kingdom and the British overseas territories during the reckonable period of residence above.
Is it about the above parent selected??
Section 3 is NOT relevant, leave blank.
3.5 Give details of all of the parents' absences from the United Kingdom and the British overseas territories during the reckonable period of residence above.
Is it about other parent ??
Not relevant.
3.6 Provide details of the child's grandparent from whom the parent in 3.1 derived British citizen by descent:
I am confused again? Does it mean that "section 3 - Parents' residence in the UK or the British overseas territories, where applicable" is explicitly for particular kind of application or for both?
Not relevant.

Please read the MN1 guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Thu May 10, 2018 1:28 pm

See Guide MN1 referred to above.

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks a lot for detailed answer ! Much appreciated.