ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony - risk of not doing it within 3 months?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rents_78
Newly Registered
Italy

Citizenship ceremony - risk of not doing it within 3 months?

Post by rents_78 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi,

I have received my confirmation for British Citizenship today, though the letter was dated 26/4.
That means I need to have my ceremony not later than 26/7/2018, right?

The first appointment at the local council is 20/6, and I will be out of the country then until the end of the month. That leaves only about 25 days.

How risky is it to leave the appointment so close to the end of the 3 months? Is there a chance they will postpone the date and hence i will miss it?

Should I spend extra 135£ and do a private ceremony as that might mean an earlier appointment?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship ceremony - risk of not doing it within 3 months?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 am

Can't comment on how risky it is to leave this to the last minute, but this is really important so I would avoid any possible/foreseeable risk by going for a private ceremony asap. Just like an insurance policy.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.