ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent restriction on low skilled jobs

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mamta_m_devi
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependent restriction on low skilled jobs

Post by Mamta_m_devi » Fri May 11, 2018 2:05 pm

I am in a desperate need to know if a tier 4 dependent who is allowed to work full time given her or his partner is doing PHD at UK HEI also is self sponsoring student. Then what sort of jobs can his/her dependent partner can do whilst in UK.

What is the definition of low skilled or u skilled work?

I have noticed many tier4 dependent making burgers or pizzas or customer service. Are these all unskilled jobs?

UK Govt and thier policies are arbitrarily punitive. They never happen to realize that they are not the only world leader. I kind of do not have a lot of respect to current govt.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 dependent restriction on low skilled jobs

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Mamta_m_devi wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:05 pm
I am in a desperate need to know if a tier 4 dependent who is allowed to work full time given her or his partner is doing PHD at UK HEI also is self sponsoring student.
What do you mean, a "self-sponsoring student"?
Mamta_m_devi wrote:
Then what sort of jobs can his/her dependent partner can do whilst in UK.
As stated on the BRP, the only restriction is on professional sports and work as a doctor or dentist in training.
Mamta_m_devi wrote:
What is the definition of low skilled or u skilled work?

I have noticed many tier4 dependent making burgers or pizzas or customer service. Are these all unskilled jobs?
This is not relevant to a Tier 4 dependant's work conditions.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mamta_m_devi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mamta_m_devi » Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 pm

I found such information on Gov.uk tier 4 section stating that tier 4 dependent can not do low skilled or unskilled jobs. Again this sounds crazy that such restriction can bring no good to UK so it did not make sense to me earlier.

COULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER COUPLE OF MY OTHER QUERIES AS WELL?

1. Any significant change in tier 4 after sep 2017?
2. AS My partner is due to apply for his tier 4 visa to study PHD in science and technology. He went to study Mres however due to his depleted health he had to ask university to refund his tuition fee as he could not attend classes at all.
The university at the end of the day made full refund of £16000 to my partner on the basis of medical grounds(letter from GP). He got better by the end of the 2017 and visa expired after a month. He returned to his home country with in given time line. Since this was going to be his third master degree for which UKVi granted him entry clearance so would applying for PHD be a wise choice after all this happened. His HEI sponser is quite happy to make an offer to him on the basis of his first degree (MSc in computer science). Could you not suggest something on this please?

About maintenance fund he is able to pay for his PHD through his personal savings. Has anything changes since 2016 pertaining fund maintenance especially in the case of PHD application.?

I would be keen to know your response on the given scanarios!

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:05 am

Mamta_m_devi wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 pm
I found such information on Gov.uk tier 4 section stating that tier 4 dependent can not do low skilled or unskilled jobs. Again this sounds crazy that such restriction can bring no good to UK so it did not make sense to me earlier.
Where exactly does it say this? Provide the link where you read this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mamta_m_devi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mamta_m_devi » Tue May 15, 2018 5:01 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/rule ... isa-routes

It seems from what is given above that tier 4 student dependent can not work unskilled or low skilled jobs.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 am

Mamta_m_devi wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:01 am
It seems from what is given above that tier 4 student dependent can not work unskilled or low skilled jobs.
No. That is a 3-years old press release predicting future changes to the immigration rules, some of which have never happened.

The work conditions for a PBS dependant are in law (the current immigration rules), not in an old press release.

See paragraph 319D(b)(iii)-(v) in Part 8 of the immigration rules:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

See also the guidance from the UK Council for International Student Affairs:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3378
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mamta_m_devi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mamta_m_devi » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Great!

I am convinced. :)
Thanks for your time Mate!